Puerto Vallarta Logo PuertoVallarta.net One Click Away
Signup Puerto Vallarta Newsletter    
PuertoVallarta.net Logo
Romantic zone

Puerto Vallarta Travel & Vacation Guide

Home | Where is Vallarta? | Why choose PV? | How to get to PV | When should I go | What should I pack? | What travel documents | Zones and attractions | Families, singles, more | Safety | Move around the town | Food and drink | What to do | Money, banks & more

Travel documents

This information is just a reference and can change at any given point in time, we recommend you contact your local travel authorities for updates and confirmation.

Documents US and Canadian citizens need to travel to Mexico

USA citizens need to have an original, signed passport that is valid for at least six months beyond their stay. Canadian citizens also need to have a valid passport. Citizens without a valid passport will not be allowed entry into Mexico and will be returned to their country of origin.

South ZZone, Las Animas

Entry requirements UK citizens

If you’re visiting Mexico as a tourist you don’t need a visa, but you do need a tourist card, which you can get on arrival by completing an immigration form available at border crossings or on-board flights to Mexico.

If you lose your tourist card you can get it replaced at the immigration office at any international airport in Mexico. You need a tourist card to leave the country. The cost of a replacement is $295 Mexican Pesos, which is payable at a bank.

Tourists are not allowed to undertake voluntary (including human rights) work, or activity, or any form of paid employment. If you wish to carry out this type of work you must get the correct visa from the Mexican Embassy before you travel.

It is no longer possible to switch immigration status in-country. You can’t enter Mexico on a tourist visa and then change it for a work visa. You must apply at the Mexican Consulate of your normal place of residence in plenty of time before you are due to travel.

Passport validity

Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Mexico.

Do you need a visa to get into Mexico?

Countries that need a visa popup to enter Mexico, those that don't popup.


City Guide Menu:

comments powered by Disqus


Home | About us | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Site map | Contact us | Advertising | Versión en Español

© 1999-2017. Puerto Vallarta Vacations

E-mail us

Write to puertovallarta.net