Upon arrival at the International
Puerto Vallarta airport you are asked to push a button
that will determined if you are searched or not, if
you get a green light you go and if you get a red light
you are searched, this system is completely random.
Foreigners visiting our city may
bring gifts of up to $300 US dollars in total value
equivalent in other foreign currencies without paying taxes, in the form of one or more articles, with the
exception of beer, alcoholic drinks, and processed tobacco. Please remember that you
must fill out the customs declaration form that will be given to you by the airplane crew
members. One form should be filled out per family, not one per person, as the
exemption is counted per family.
Over $300 US dollars, for visitors
citizens of USA and Canada (due to the Free Trade Agreement)
taxation will be of 16 – 18% on the product price
- only on those products that are made in USA or Canada. If the products are from another
country the taxation will be 50% of the products commercial
You may bring along with you, in your personal luggage, the following:
- New or used goods for personal use, such as clothing, footwear, and hygiene
products, so long as they are in accordance with the duration of the trip, and their
quantity does not suggest that they can be the object of commercialization.
- One photographic camera and one video recorder, and, when appropriate, their
power source; up to twelve rolls of unused film or video cassettes; printed or filmed
photographic material; one cellular telephone apparatus and one pager; one
typewriter; one new or used portable computer, of those called laptop, notebook,
omni book, etc. In this case it is not necessary to have the permit before importation.
- Two sets of used personal sports equipment, as long as they can be transported by
- One portable radio apparatus for the recording and reproduction of sound, or one
- Five laser disks, five DVD disks, 20 compact disks (CD) or magnetic tapes (audio
cassettes) for the reproduction of sound.
- Books and magazines, whose quantity does not suggest that they can be the object
- Five toys, as long as they can be transported by one person.
- Medicine for personal use. The prescription must be shown if they are psychotropic
- Cases, chests, and suitcases necessary for the transport of goods.
- One pair of binoculars.
- One musical instrument, as long as it can be transported by one person.
- One tent and one set of camping equipment.
- One surfboard or sailboard.
- Regarding disabled persons, goods for personal use that, by their characteristics,
compensate for or diminish their disability.
- Adult passengers may also introduce a maximum of 20 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars
or 200 grams of tobacco, and up to 3 liters of wine, beer, or liquor, with the
understanding that a larger quantity of these products cannot be imported without
complying with the applicable regulations and restrictions.
You may NOT bring along with you, in your personal luggage, the following:
- Firearms, except for hunting purposes, as long as the rules indicated in number 4 of
this manual are complied with.
- Live predatory fish in their fingerling, juvenile, and adult stage.
- Thallium Sulfate
- Totoaba, fresh or refrigerated (Fish)
- Insecticide (Isodrin, Aldrin, Heptachloro, Drinox, Endrin, Mendrino, Nendrin,
Hexadrin, or Leptofos)
- Turtle eggs of any kind
- Poppy seeds (Opium Poppy)
- Imide of N-phtalilglutamic acid (Thalidomide)
- Poppy seed flour (Opium Poppy)
- Marijuana (Cannabis Indica) seeds and spores, even when mixed with other seeds
- Heroin, base, or Diacetylmorphine hydrochloride
- Marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Medicinal preparations based on marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Opium juices and extracts prepared for smoking
- Medicinal preparations based on acetylmorphine, its salts or derivatives.
- Extracts and juices derived from marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Turtle or Green Turtle skins
- Mucilages and thickeners derived from marijuana (Cannabis Indica)
- Stamps printed in colors or in black and white, presented for sale in envelopes or
packets, even when they include chewing gum, candy, or any other type of articles,
containing drawings, figures, or illustrations that portray childhood in a denigrating or
ridiculous manner, in attitudes which incite violence, self-destruction, or any other
type of anti-social behavior, known as “Garbage Pail Kids”, for example, printed by
any company or commercial denomination.
Once you find yourself in Mexican territory, you will be free to travel and circulate within
it without having to fill out more migratory forms. They will only be able to request the
presentation of customs declaration forms when you leave a city near a border and head
for another within the same country.
You'll also like this information: