These prices are given purely
as a reference.
Please take into account that these prices change and you may find prices that are higher or lower once you arrive in Puerto Vallarta.
In general food costs are reasonable, the locals feel they are a bit too high based on the local income, but when compared to the normal prices in more developed countries, local food prices are quite fine, specially when you go out to eat. In Europe it's a luxury, here it's a treat almost any family can afford.
Food prices, general products
- Rice (1 kg): 18 pesos ($0,62 USD/lb.)
- Sugar (1 kg): 18,50 pesos ($ 0,67 USD/lb.)
- Beans (1 kg): 17,00 pesos ($ 0,62 USD/lb.)
- Corn Flour Tortilla (1 kg): $ 11,50 pesos ($ 0,40 USD/lb.)
- Eggs 18 units $ 23,50 pesos ($ 1,88 USD)
- Whole Milk (1 lt) $ 11,70 pesos ($ 0,95 USD)
- White sliced bread (680 g) $ 14,35 pesos ($ 0,42
- Mayonnaise (390 g) $18,40 pesos ($ 1,50 USD/lb)
- Bananas 1 kg (2,2lb) $13,00 pesos ($1,00 dollar/kg)
- Tomatoes 1 kg (2,2lb) $10 pesos ($0,75 dollars/kg)
- Steak (1 kg) $ 90.00 pesos ($ 3.10 USD/lb)
- Pork chops (1 kg) $ 70.00 pesos ($ 2.55 USD/lb)
- Chicken whole (1 kg) $ 30.00 pesos ($
Visit the Puerto Vallarta supermarket section
Visit some of the local supermarket websites for more prices:
Prices reviewed February 21st, 2012