getting hotel shuttle via timeshare scammers at airport

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mk
getting hotel shuttle via timeshare scammers at airport

Post by mk » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:29 pm

First let me thank you guys for the great info I have read so far. We have been traveling to Cozumel since 92 so I am aware of the Tshare scams at the airport there.

Daughter and new hubby are traveling to PV for first time. She has been to Coz but her new hubby never has traveled outside the states. I would like to have some good info to pass on to them for when they arrive at the airport and need to connect to their hotel shuttle. What should they be on the look out for? I will have to check to see what their Apple Funjet reps will be wearing and where to find them. If you can help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tour Reps vs Timeshare

Post by katnsocal » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:15 pm

spent two days in the PV airport my last trip 3 weeks ago. Once waiting for my son, and once for my cousin. Both times the Reps from the different travel companies were waiting as you walk out the second set of sliding glass doors from customs, they were all holding their respective signs. The timeshare salespeople have no signs, and they ask you where you are staying. I do not remember seeing what exactly the respective reps wore in the way of uniforms but they all had signs.

I did see several couples that the husband or wife stopped after the first set of doors to ask questions at the booths in that room and the other one had walked out the doors and found the rep. Then one was inside getting a sales pitch on something and the other one was stuck outside because for security reasons you cannot re-enter the customs area. So tell them to stick together and go out the 2nd set of doors before they look for the reps. It is roped off as you walk out and the reps seem to all be at the front closest to the doors and the timeshare sales people are further down the line.

mk

Post by mk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:06 am

Thank you Kat .....this is just the type of help I was looking for......much appreciated!

They are honeymooning at Canto del Sol and I have been printing info and tips for them so they have the most memorable first time to PV. Who knows maybe they'll talk us into going next time.
Thank you again

Re: getting hotel shuttle via timeshare scammers at airport

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:27 pm

was there in april and will be there dec 4th to 18th for 2 weeks yahoo your kids will have a great time we dont ever take the shuttle takes to long just walk out the doors and grab a taxi we pay $5.00 us with the tip and go strait to the hotel no hassels or time share people they will love pv. thats why we are going back again this year
mk wrote:First let me thank you guys for the great info I have read so far. We have been traveling to Cozumel since 92 so I am aware of the Tshare scams at the airport there.

Daughter and new hubby are traveling to PV for first time. She has been to Coz but her new hubby never has traveled outside the states. I would like to have some good info to pass on to them for when they arrive at the airport and need to connect to their hotel shuttle. What should they be on the look out for? I will have to check to see what their Apple Funjet reps will be wearing and where to find them. If you can help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.

Tedder

Transport from Airport

Post by Tedder » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:18 pm

This will be our 5th time to PV. I finally got the Taxi thing down. Walk past all of the TShare folks and turn left while still in the Terminal. There is an overpass over the Highway. These drivers you can negoicate with, The $5 ride plus tip. However if you walk out to the cabs at the curb, it will run you double as they say it is goverment controlled.

Have a great time.

Be there in Jan.

ace404188@comcast.ne

Re: getting hotel shuttle via timeshare scammers at airport

Post by ace404188@comcast.ne » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:20 pm

[]all you gota do is tell them you dont have a credit card on you you need one for them to talk to you been there dont that rob