Where's tropical storm Linda?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Where's tropical storm Linda?

Post by luvthis » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:04 pm

Bob & I are returning the end of this month to beautiful Puerto Vallarta for our 5th stay at the Crown Paradise. Last year we spent a week at the CP about 3 weeks BEFORE hurricane Kenna hit. So...now we hear on the weather reports that tropical storm Linda is lurking out in the Pacific. She doesn't look like she's going to visit Puerto Vallarta, but we are curious how the weather is. When we go on-line we see lots of info on Isabel and just little snipits about Linda. We are excited about seeing our friends (the staff) again at the Crown and enjoying the updates & changes that have occurred since Kenna hit. As far as Linda goes (and any of her future storm mates), she can just twirl away out to sea & have any of the other storms just follow behind her. Twelve days & counting. Here we come! --Jean & Bob

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re:Where's tropical storm Linda?

Post by chuck » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:44 pm

Hey you guys, what are you, storm magnets. Remind me not to schedule my trips when you are going to be there. Ha Ha. Have a great time at the Crown and tell everyone hello from us especially Dani, we really miss him. Chuck & Kay (St.Louis)

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:43 pm

the link is to the National Hurricane Center - will show you where Linda is

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by luvthis » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:39 pm

Thanks for the web-site info. Sounds like Linda is weakening & turning away. That's good news.

Hey, Chuck! Bob & I will say "hi" to Dani for you. We look forward to seeing him each year, as well. We'll toast a drink to you & your bride, how's that? I will be contacting Ana early next week to request a higher floor room with a king bed. We reserved an ocean front room, as we did last year. It's quieter & you can hear the rolling waves very clearly from the balcony, as well as the bed. The ocean front rooms appear to be a little warmer, but we like it. Anyway...we'll be down by the pool most of the day to take in the activities & visit with other guests. We've never had a "wash-out" when we've gone the end of September into early October. It rains late in the day or in the evening, which clears some of the heat away & then clears back up again. The thunderstorms are beautiful to watch. Puerto Vallarta offers a spectacular view of the mountains AND the water. Quiet nice, I must say.