Hurricane thoughts & prayers!

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Hurricane thoughts & prayers!

Post by luvthis » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:41 pm

Just a quick note to all of you that live in or are vacationing in Puerto Vallarta...You are all in our thoughts & prayers as this dangerous storm passes by. My husband & I just returned from a week at the Crown Paradise (our 4th time there) and we truly care about the staff, the resort, and the whole Puerto Vallarta area & its people. Hopefully, the storm will just brush by Puerto Vallarta & the brunt of the storm will miss your beautiful area of the world. In any case, our prayers will continue for the best possible outcome from this difficult storm. Please take necessary safeguards & avoid risks, if at all possible. We look forward to visiting your beautiful area again as we celebrate our anniversary next year. God bless you all!

bryan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Hurricane thoughts & prayers!

Post by bryan » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:05 pm

you have expressed the same thoughts that our whole family is having. My nine year old son was actually quite upset about the hurricane. He asked if his friends that are living in p.v. were ok. We will be going back in 2 weeks. hopefully everything is back to normal. The wonderful people in this fine city will rebound, this i am sure.

Fishing with Carolina

one week later & Vallarta is looking good

Post by Fishing with Carolina » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:25 am

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers

Just a quick update...
My sis & I took a 5 hr walk yesterday, Oct 31st to check out Los Muertos beach, the Malecon, to the Buenaventura Hotel.
Restaurants Sand Bar, La Palapa & El Dorado are rebuilding, everything else is open.
All of restuarant row is fine.
About 75%- 80% of the business' are open on the Malecon, actual Malecon walkway is being rebuilt in many parts.
La Jolla, Camino Real- totally fine
Hotel Rosita are scheduled to reopens is 2 weeks, Nov 15
Buenaventura, Los Tules, Fiesta American- Dec 15th
Sheraton, Los Glorias & Las Palmas- Jan 1st.
Villa del Palmar, Qualton, Krystal, Haceinda Buenaventura, Crown Paridise- open
Playa de Oro - open but pools not in service
Marina Vallarta -minimal damage, all open.
Melia's pool reopens in 4 days, guests are using next door's Mayan Palace's pool.
Nuevo Vallarta virually untouched - all open.
San Blas, which is about 4 hrs north of Vallarta took the main hit by Kenna. They are in very bad shape, many are here to work.
Best thing for Vallarta- like New York is tourists.
People see the pictures on the net & think that all of Vallarta is a mess, actually the beach at Los Muertos has never been cleaner!! The few tourist we have are enjoying the sun & a cold Corona.
And althought some areas did get alot of damage, 90% of business' are open & 100% of us have bills to pay, just like anywhere else.
Pls tell everyone you know what a great place Vallarta is.
Candace Carolina Shaw
www.sportfishingpuertovallarta.4t.com