honeymoon trip... lost

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jrpz`982
honeymoon trip... lost

Post by Jrpz`982 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:49 am

Hey, I'm going to PV in March (21-26) for my honeymoon but have been overwhelmed by the amount of information I'm finding. I can't figure out what to do/what to skip. Can anyone share some ideas/activities they enjoyed that work well for newlyweds? Thanks!

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:honeymoon trip... lost

Post by marcos » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:54 pm

Sue and I spent a lot of time alternately looking at the ceiling in the room :-)

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:54 pm

Sue and I spent a lot of time alternately looking at the ceiling in the room :-)

pat

Post by pat » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:43 pm

Stroll the Malecon on Sunday evening. Start at Parque Hildago (be sure to try a crepe from the Crepe lady) and then head for the Malecon. Spend the evening walking south enjoying the sights, sounds, and the sunset. Walk all the way across the pedestrian bridge and end up having a drink at one of the beach side restaurants. This will take the entire evening, believe me.

Take the Caletas by Day tour with Vallarta Adventures. This is a beach along the far south coast of the bay, accessible only by boat.. A boat trip out on the Bay is a must do. The views of the city and mountains from the water is fabulous. Las Caletas is a beautiful beach with lots to do. They have lots of beach chairs plus hammocks and trails. The food is good and the drinks are included also. This is one of my favorite places to go. The staff is terrific! I have been there 3 times now.

Be sure to head to the south side (Zona Romanitica) of town for dinner a couple of evenings. Tons of great restaurants. La Palapa is a great romantic spot on the beach. Call ahead and tell them you are on your honeymoon and would like to dine beach side. They will take care of you.

Have a wonderful trip!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:32 pm

I must agree with Pat. Since it is your luna miel I wouldn't schedule a lot of things to do until you got aclimated in PV. I'm sure you can squeeze those "must do" things into your holiday. Congrats...Chuck "the real one"

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:14 pm

And I must agree(maybe I'm sick) with "Chuck". It's just nice to get to PV...walk outside of your hotel and take it all in. Start there...the front of your hotel. And don't worry about getting lost. Just remember that the ocean is in the West, the mtns are the East ans downhill is to the ocean. And cheers to you "Fake Chuck". Chuck (real)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:22 am

LMAO At least we agree about PV.
You know who (the real one) ;D

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:48 am

Congratulations on your nuptuals. I totally agree with CHUCK on this one. CHUCK has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:21 am

For some info on the REAL Chuck, please see "General Ramblings" Chuck

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:48 pm

I agree with the distinguished Mr. Chuck from St. Louis.... Enjoy the fresh air, the people of Vallarta are fantastic... And yes hit the malecon on a saturday or sunday evening with all the vendors, the locals out on the town all dressed up... We like to go to the Rhythim of the Nights .... it is the evening cruise out to Los Calletas... candle lit pathways, tiki torches, a wonderful buffet of food and drinks, and a good show afterwards... and if you can get a table for two down on the beach with the moon over head... it is totally Amore.... Congrats on your up coming nuptials... and enjoy our home away from home.... Vallarta....

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:37 pm

Gracias mis amigos, Don Tomas y Dona Lorrie.
Chuck N <:((()))~