Nuevo Vallarta?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Vicky06
Nuevo Vallarta?

Post by Vicky06 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:10 am

Hey everyone! I'm new and have a question. We're thinking about staying in Nuevo Vallarta and can't find much info about it. Is it past of Puetro Vallarta or a neighbooring town? If so, how far away is it? Thanks alot!!

charlieb

Re:Nuevo Vallarta?

Post by charlieb » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:26 am

Nuevo Vallarta is North of Puerto Vallarta. It is not (in my opinion) Mexico. It caters to tourists and people who like to stay at the large American/Canadian style hotels and resorts. If you like this type of place, NV is ok. If you want to experience Mexico, you want to stay in Puerto Vallarta. We can give you many, many suggestions for Mexican hotels if you ask. Just My Opinion. Chuck

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:29 am

it all depends on what you want to do for your vacation.... we used to stay out in NV at the Hotel Sierra... we enjoyed it until we found the Golden Crown Paradise.... right now NV is really expanding with all kinds of resorts and yes they are geared for the "tourists" you are also about 30 minutes out of the city... and the taxi rides in and out of town can get expensive as well as giving up time riding the busses in and out as well... when we stayed out there i was playing lots of golf with the people we met down there... and we would play Los Flamingos every day... we had a standing tee time and away we would go... the girls would hang out on the beach or the pool and the guys would get 18 in and we be back by noon 100 pm... shower lunch and hit the beaches as well.... some of the beaches out there are nicer than in town.. you can walk for MILES in NV.... we have people tell us they loved the Rui Jalisco and thought it was fantastic out there... came into town once and thought the resort was better... but i prefer the flexibility of town (only 5 minutes from the resort by taxi or 45 minutes walking)... and you have the food, nightlifte, parties, people, etc. etc.... but only you can make that decision... we have been coming to Vallarta for over 12 years now... we just spent our 8th vacation at the Golden Crown Paradise... cruise the bulletin board... ask lots of questions... there are a lot of people out here that love Puerto Vallarta Mexico... and you will too ....

take care... peace and love

susana

Post by susana » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:35 pm

Nuevo Vallarta is 45 mins - 1 hour north of Puerto Vallarta. As already covered depends what you want. The resorts out that way are Cancun-styled and not much local Mexican culture or people around.

I would never stay there, because what I love about PV is the town itself - all the activities, shops, restaurants, things to do, and being around the lovely friendly local people, and visitors from other parts of Mexico as well as foreign tourists. I stay where I can do everything walking distance, on foot, within 20 mins. To the supermercado, the Malecon, up to El Centro, into the local neighborhoods, down to the main local beach.

LoriL

Post by LoriL » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:05 pm

Once again, it depends on what you like. We love NV because the beach is great and that's the main attraction for us. We stay at Paradise Village and love it. There are plenty of activities going on all day long at the hotel which you can participate in or not. Not a lot of night life or shopping oportunities nearby but there are some.

Personally, I'm not there for a week to immerse myself in the culture. (We have plenty of Mexican culture right here in the good ole US of A.) I just want to relax and have fun. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

susana

Post by susana » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:55 pm

I think that's a great way to describe it... if you aren't interested in the Mexican culture than the resort in Nuevo may be perfect for you. If you do have an interest in PV itself, then you probably want to stay nearer to town.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:06 pm

There is no mexican culture in Nuevo Vallarta.... I guess the mexican citizens that live and work out that way don't count... of the people of the little Village of Bucerias don't mean anything either... When i played golf at Los Flamingos all the time... i learned a lot about some of the mexican culture from my caddy Miguel and his Father Tomas.... Learning spanish from them, learning about where they live, and how they lived... i guess that wasn't mexican culture... slipping up to Dugarels for dinner or cocktails and then wandering some of the streets of Bucerias wasn't experiencing the mexican culture as well.... You make your vacations what you want them to be.... if you want to bury your head in a book on your veranda for a week or by the pool for a week is your idea of a perfect vacation... YIKES.... we like to veg out too... but we also like to meet with the people that make our vacations, as well as our second home, the Golden Crown Paradise, home... Vallarta has become our home... we love the downtown, the people of Vallarta are so loving and so giving.... there will be that day when we come down to Vallarta, that we won't be coming back to Iowa that is for sure...

susana

Post by susana » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:49 pm

Point taken. Well said. Guess it depends if you plan to stay only within your resort grounds or venture out and explore, what your experience will be.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:43 pm

sorry i got a little gruff there... but we love the mexican culture and the people that make it up ... just because you may have a bunch of Mexicans living in your neighborhood in the states doesn't mean your have the culture... you have some of it.. but to see, feel, taste, where these people came from, to see the Spanish influences, the European influences, etc... what a metling pot just like the USA... but on a much more laid back scale... so different than what we have done....

i do appologize if i got a little tempered... this is just how passionate we love Puerto Vallarta and the people... that is why we have been coming down for 12 yrs and have been in both Nuevo Vallarta and Downtown area... we started out in Nuevo Vallarta but now have moved to the Golden Crown Paradise for the last 6 or 7 years....

peace

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tgammon » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:58 pm

We stay at Paradise Village also...and we love it, but..we have been many times and we always rent a car so we can get into town, or Bucerias, etc. whenever we want. There is also a water taxi now, that is less expensive than a cab ride that goes to Marina and Malecon area.
Beaches are better in Nuevo. But I do like to go to dinner in Puerto Vallarta or Bucerias, andthat can get expensive for commutes.