sorry to ask but.....

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ediemarie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
sorry to ask but.....

Post by ediemarie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:17 pm

sorry to ask such a general question and i know it's subjective but....
we (4 - 40 something year-old girls) will be cruising to pv in october of this year. we will be there from 9:00am until 8:30pm (ship doesn't actually leave until 10:00) on a weds. night. i think our daylight hours will be spent 1)looking for some authentic mexican food, and i really do mean authentic 2)looking for the coldest beer in town and 3)looking for the best beach to lounge on.

my concern is what we will do during the evening hours. i was hoping for a sunset cruise but it sounds like the sun doesn't go down until 7:30ish. can't take a chance on missing the boat so i think that might be out. maybe a great beach to watch the sunset from?

would like to hear back regarding any must do's day or night. even though we're old we're still up for some physical activities. haven't ever done a zip-line but that could be fun. from reading this board it sounds like there is plenty to do just curious as to what you might suggest.

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by VallartaAddict » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:38 pm

One word--Andale. :)

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

What?

Post by Jennybean » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:43 pm

One word--Andale.
If you have to be back on a cruise ship by 8:30, Andale is not a good suggestion, sorry. :lol:

Try hitting Playa Los Muertos. Plenty of beach clubs to enjoy during the day, and during sunset for happy hour.

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by VallartaAddict » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:05 am

In my Vallarta world, Andale is always a good suggestion :)
However, given the time constraints (thot we were talking 10pm, here) Los Muertos is also a good one. The beach vendors will be on their way home and you might pick up a good deal; some of the outdoor bars (Bar Los Burros or CyC's) might have live music. Or, take in an early dinner at El Palomar, to see the city below start to twinkle with lights. If you hadn't made time to walk the malecon, it is probably the most reflective way to experience PV. Lots of people and things to see. Enjoy!

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

p.s.

Post by VallartaAddict » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 am

One other suggestion for the afternoon: Take a cab out to Chico's Paradise. It will take about 25 minutes each way and you'll see some nice scenery (jungle, ocean, rural living.) Once there, you might watch the last treks of the zip liners finishing up, or see the rock divers. If nothing else, you've enjoyed a nice drive with some cool breezes under a giant palapa next to a beautifully rushing river. Just a thought.
Lynn

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Why not the light house for the sunset, cocktails and appetizers. It is really close to the Marina where your cruise ship is docked, as well as some nice dining to enjoy before heading out....

El Fuera (sp?).....

check that out for an idea...

but what do i know... :wink: :lol: 8)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:44 pm

DELETED

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

What to do for a day?

Post by marcos » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Here's what I'd do, assuming that your primary tasks are to "veg out" and have fun.

1. get off the ship and take a cab to the Malecon.

2. spend a couple of hours walking around with the rest of the cruise passengers and looking at all of the touristy shops, etc.

3. walk south along the malecon, across the pedestrian bridge, and into "old town".

4. stop at Burro's Bar (the first bar you come to) for a couple of cold, adult beverages.

5. wander down to CyC's and have a few more

6. wander up from CyC's to the taco stand on the corner and have some of the best quesadillas in PV for lunch. CyC's also has some pretty good grub if you're not in the mood for street food.

7. wander aimlessly around Old Town looking at more of the non-touristy shops, etc. OR just continue to bar-hop down the beach

8. Either go to CyC's (or one of the other south side beach bars) for the sunset OR take a cab to the LOS QUATRO VIENTOS hotel (located on the hill behind the church downtown), go to the rooftop bar (EL NIDO) for some great drinks and a fabulous view of the sunset and the entire bay

9. If you stay at CyC's for sunset, there are many great Mexican restaurants within walking distance. If you go to EL NIDO, then the restaurant in the hotel is pretty good, too.

10. Wander around more of downtown, visit a few bars on the Malecon if you're up to it, then take a cab back to the ship.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Marcos is giving you some great things to think about as well.... grab some time to enjoy the city, the people, the culture... make your mental notes, and Next year come back to our little piece of paradise for a week at one of the many wonderful resorts, hotels, etc.... you can't make it all in just 14 - 16 hrs ashore.... just some added food for thought....

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 pm

tojol57 wrote:Why not the light house for the sunset, cocktails and appetizers. It is really close to the Marina where your cruise ship is docked, as well as some nice dining to enjoy before heading out....

El Fuera (sp?).....

Well, it's spelled El Faro, actually. And I would 2nd the idea of going to El Nido (even though Tom and Lorrie drove all over town with a cabbie looking for it, it's not really that hard to find (lol), or go to the top of El Panorama for an unsurprassed sunset experience.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:43 pm

ellen wrote:
tojol57 wrote:Why not the light house for the sunset, cocktails and appetizers. It is really close to the Marina where your cruise ship is docked, as well as some nice dining to enjoy before heading out....

El Fuera (sp?).....

Well, it's spelled El Faro, actually. And I would 2nd the idea of going to El Nido (even though Tom and Lorrie drove all over town with a cabbie looking for it, it's not really that hard to find (lol), or go to the top of El Panorama for an unsurprassed sunset experience.
OH thanks Ellen... you are just so kind... :oops: :wink: :lol: 8)

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:23 pm

I have a question. Not wanting to start any trouble or anything. Why do you refer to yourselves (40 something year olds) as "girls" instead of women? It just seems to me that by now you would have become women. Just curious. Thanks. Chuck... 8)

ediemarie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by ediemarie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:51 pm

chuck - funny you asked because i stopped and thought about it before i typed girls. it's kind of like when the waiter, salesperson says, "yes ma'am or no ma'am." it just makes me feel that much older i guess. :cry:

what's it to you anyway!! :wink:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:08 pm

ediemarie wrote:chuck - funny you asked because i stopped and thought about it before i typed girls. it's kind of like when the waiter, salesperson says, "yes ma'am or no ma'am." it just makes me feel that much older i guess. :cry:

what's it to you anyway!! :wink:
:wink: please excuse Charles, when he is off his meds, he thinks he will achieve world domination... :lol: :lol: :lol: but i can see some wheels turning on that comment anyway... i will be 50 in just over two months... and i am crazier now than i was 30 yrs ago that is for sure... have fun.. no matter if you want to be a girl or a woman.... knock yourself out...

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:07 pm

I have been off my meds...just got back from Disneyland...didn't need 'em. What business it is of mine? None, really. It is just that I was part of the women's movement of the early 1970's. (also part of the civil rights movement of the mid 60's). No self respecting female over the age of 18 allowed herself to be referred to as a "girl" and would not be caught dead calling herself a "girl". Seems now that the pendulum is now swinging back, and every female is, again, a "girl". Chuck... 8)

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:01 pm

charlieb wrote:I have been off my meds...just got back from Disneyland...didn't need 'em. What business it is of mine? None, really. It is just that I was part of the women's movement of the early 1970's. (also part of the civil rights movement of the mid 60's). No self respecting female over the age of 18 allowed herself to be referred to as a "girl" and would not be caught dead calling herself a "girl". Seems now that the pendulum is now swinging back, and every female is, again, a "girl". Chuck... 8)
Pssst... Chuck is so old I think he may have been around when they freed the slaves in the 1800's. :-x :-|3 :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by condor on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 pm

tojol57 wrote:i will be 50 in just over two months... and i am crazier now than i was 30 yrs ago that is for sure...
Signs that accuse growing craziness in a patient (PV Psychologist Manual):
a) when you think you are more energetic as a 50-60 year old than when you were 20 or 30.
b) when you think you are crazier at 50 or 60 than when you were 20-30...

:lol:

Greetings

Mogens

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:25 pm

tojol57 wrote:.. i will be 50 in just over two months... and i am crazier now than i was 30 yrs ago that is for sure
Living proof that 32 years of alcohol consumption does kill brain cells.

:lol: 8V8 ***-(

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:11 am

Too young at the time to remember the actual emancipation though, Condor. Chuck... 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:54 am

32 yrs???? Condor where i am from, we started long before 18 that is for sure... HA HA HA.... but the alcohol killed off the weak cells... so now the strong survive....

and Charlieb... i am sure that the pendulum is swinging the other direction too... womens movement in reverse... young "ladies" are growing up faster these days... 14 yr olds looking like 18-20, 18-20 trying to be mid 20's... so why can't women who are 40 something act 20 again,.. more power to them''