Best time to book?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan
Best time to book?

Post by sandi.g » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:32 am

I am going to send my son and future daughter in law to Puerto Vallarta for their honeymoon in November. I was looking around and the prices are looking good (in my opinion) if I book now. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how soon is too soon, or what the best time to book for November of 2008 would be?

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Best time to book?

Post by glacierroasters » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:25 am

sandi.g wrote:I am going to send my son and future daughter in law to Puerto Vallarta for their honeymoon in November. I was looking around and the prices are looking good (in my opinion) if I book now. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how soon is too soon, or what the best time to book for November of 2008 would be?
When do you intend to send them would be my first question to you.

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:35 am

November 2008. Dates are a little negotiable. Probably around the 7th and home a week later, but they can be flexible. They are actually getting married in July but want to take honeymoon later in the year.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:11 am

I would watch the prices and when they go down enough...book. We watched prices for our Dec 2007 trip and booked. The prices went up slightly after that. We paid $650 per person for 5 people at the Canto del Sol - flying out of Minneapolis. Flying out of Winnipeg would have cost us more than double. If flying out of the states (if you're not already there) is an option...check out their prices. The tax in the states is $50 pp and Canada is $275..

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 am

Is that one week and including airfare? I am looking at 824 PP at the Gold Crowm Paradise for one week and includes airfare from Portland, OR. It sounds good to me. Any opinions about this? I think the GCP is pretty nice but don't know personally. We want to send the kids on a great honeymoon! Any opinions?

Hey, it looks like we were there at the same time!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:32 am

sandi.g wrote:Is that one week and including airfare? I am looking at 824 PP at the Gold Crowm Paradise for one week and includes airfare from Portland, OR. It sounds good to me. Any opinions about this? I think the GCP is pretty nice but don't know personally. We want to send the kids on a great honeymoon! Any opinions?

Yes, airfare and all inclusive for one week...total was $3150 for 5 people and from Winnipeg in March I paid $2900 for 2 people...:)

I think that's a good price for the GCP...but Tom would know best. I've never stayed there...only the Canto.

Yes, looks like we were there at the same time. :) We loved it.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:03 am

sandi.g wrote:Is that one week and including airfare? I am looking at 824 PP at the Gold Crowm Paradise for one week and includes airfare from Portland, OR. It sounds good to me. Any opinions about this? I think the GCP is pretty nice but don't know personally. We want to send the kids on a great honeymoon! Any opinions?

That sounds like a very nice deal!!!, especially if that is All-Inclusive (based on our experience) I've been told the first 2 weeks on Nov & the first 2 weeks of Dec are some of the best times to go for weather and for great prices (between Holiday weeks)

I've been told to find it cheaper than those weeks..it is either too Hot and humid and too stormy(hurricanes) to risk it or enjoy it.

However, a bad day in Vallarta is probably better thank a good day....

Oh never mind, that's fishing.

:lol:

Personally, I would wait..but that's me- I aim for $500 PP and go from there.

8)

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:19 am

We have been down there enough times to know that anytime I can get the airfare for under $400 PP it is a good deal. So, that would mean about $850 or so for the resort and 800 for the airfare. So, the room and food would be about $120 per day for both of them. Hopefully Mr. Crown will check in here and let me know if that sounds good to him. As I understand, the GCP is the all adult one, right? I think that would be good for honeymooners. It looks like there is a beach there?

Vills Del Palmar is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper, but it is not AI and I don't remember if they have a spa. I stayed there once and really liked the location. It was very nice. The bride wants a spa. I thought there might be someone on here who might know of one in town that is not on a resort.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....... and you are definitely right! A bad day in PV HAS to be better than a good day just about anywhere else! We usually have gone the first week of November and the weather has been perfect! This year we thought we would go the first week of December and it was also perfect! We have been there in April too, and it was wonderful although I think it seemed more humid. Still beautiful!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 am

VDP does have a spa on the premises. Personally I would not go AI at VDP, I have never found their food to be that great and there are too many great restaurants in PV to be stuck with AI food that isn't that great.

tojol57

PM for you

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Sandi - i have also sent you a pm on this topic... that is a great price out of Portland for that time of the year. i think your kids will have a great time at the GCP at that price .... if you need any assistance from Lorrie or myself just let us know here, pm or e-mail... we will be down there in a short time for two weeks and we can lay some ground work down for you with Myrna, Angie and the rest of the staff to make their honeymoon that much more special....

talk to you soon.... Congrats on the up coming wedding.... have a great NEW YEAR.....

tom and lorrie
aka mr and mrs crown

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

It's gone!

Post by sandi.g » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:13 pm

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! I went to book it this morning and it isn't there anymore! There are resorts that weren't there yesterday, so maybe, just maybe, they switch them around. I will keep a watch for GCP again. Darn it! I guess the name of the game is to book it when you see it. Geesh!

tojol57

YIKES!!!

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:35 pm

It was a good deal then if somebody else grabbed it ... keep an eye out, they may have it on 24 hr hold, and it will become available tomorrow or tonight if they don't pay for it.... we have been known to do that when we are looking at different flights.... so check it later thru out the day or tonight... and you just might get lucky that it will open up again....

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:19 pm

iI got it today! Well, it was $25 more today, probably thanks to the gas thing, but I don't see it getting any cheaper. So, off they go in November to the GCP!! They will be there over my birthday, which is when my hub and I usually go there, so that's gonna kill me........ Oh well, hubby will have to make it up to me later! LOL!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:24 pm

no matter what that is a fantastic price... Lojo was checking for some friends for various times and talk about prices all over the board... and yes this "oil" pricing is really messing with ticketing as well... but we are happy that you got the kids booked to the GCP... and we will help you and them with anything and everything you may need.