LEAVING MONDAY FOR NUEVO VALLARTA

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

HAPPYGILMORE
LEAVING MONDAY FOR NUEVO VALLARTA

Post by HAPPYGILMORE » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:31 pm

My husband and I are leaving on Monday for Nuevo Vallarta and will be staying at the Marival. We know that this is a 30 minute taxi ride to PV. Just wanting some feed back on how many times should be travel there. I know that we want to go to Christine's and Senior Frog's as well as have some really good seafood!!! Any suggestions on this? I know that Christine's closes at 0500, can we get a taxi back to our hotel at this hour? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My first time there and we are staying for 7 days. (leaving our Five children at home) and need to pack in as much as possible!!!! Thanks in advance for all/any info!!!!!!!

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:10 am

:D first of all congratulations on a vaca without the kids, it is quite nice only being responsible for yourself for the week. so much to do and see in p.v. it is hard to tell how much time you need to spend there. not sure about that area as far as buses go but you may want to check into it as it is much cheaper than a taxi. we try to go there with only a few things that we really want to do, then fill in the time as things catch our eye and we spend countless hours walking and browsing. it is always amazing that while we are vacationing here we stay up late, get up early, and are constantly on the go....much like you, cramming it ALL in. see ya there...we have 2 more sleeps, flying out sunday morn. :D i should add that 2 years ago we did the "swim with dolphins" out in your area and loved it...a bit spendy but an incredible experience.

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:32 am

1 sleep and 1 counting sheep rcracing
We will be waiting for your's and your wife's trip Report.
Happy safe vacation Eh!
plus4 :)
catnhat

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Neuvo

Post by ronald » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:55 am

We stayed at the Allegro (just down the road from yours but closer to PV) in January, and really liked the beach area. Unless your taxi catches all the green lights, and he really pounds the pedal, it will take longer than 1/2 an hour to get to PV, especially the area around the Malecon. Perhaps someone else can respond to how late the taxis run, I don't know. .... Do go into Bucerias at least once. Their beach area has the markets also, (not as much) but the prices are definitely less for the same products, and the food/liquor in the outdoor restaurants there are incredible. Have fun, others have told me the Marival is simply fantastic.

PS: You're going to miss your kids.

HAPPYGILMORE

Re: Neuvo

Post by HAPPYGILMORE » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:17 pm

ronald wrote:We stayed at the Allegro (just down the road from yours but closer to PV) in January, and really liked the beach area. Unless your taxi catches all the green lights, and he really pounds the pedal, it will take longer than 1/2 an hour to get to PV, especially the area around the Malecon. Perhaps someone else can respond to how late the taxis run, I don't know. .... Do go into Bucerias at least once. Their beach area has the markets also, (not as much) but the prices are definitely less for the same products, and the food/liquor in the outdoor restaurants there are incredible. Have fun, others have told me the Marival is simply fantastic.

PS: You're going to miss your kids.

i ALREADY MISS THE KIDS AND WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET :cry:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Neuvo

Post by ronald » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:03 am

PS: You're going to miss your kids.[/quote]

i ALREADY MISS THE KIDS AND WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET :cry:[/quote]

It appears that you are the great parents of a happy family.

ginger
PV Fan
PV Fan

Hope I'm Not too late

Post by ginger » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:46 am

My family and I just got back from Nuevo Vallarta and had a great time. Yes it is a little away from PV, but it has it's own charm!.
We enjoyed the quiet and the time together. I know that you are going without your kids. My husband and I went to Cancun 3 years ago by ourselves for our 25th wedding anniversary and while we missed the kids, there was so much to do, that we just had fun.
Suggestions, make sure you pick up something "kid specific" for each of your children to let them know how much you thought of them. Silver earrings work well for girls (beach vendors) or puppets. Whatever, they are glad you thought of them. Have a great time!

Re: LEAVING MONDAY FOR NUEVO VALLARTA

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:08 pm

The taxis run 24 hrs a day there. no problem ever coming or going!
HAPPYGILMORE wrote:My husband and I are leaving on Monday for Nuevo Vallarta and will be staying at the Marival. We know that this is a 30 minute taxi ride to PV. Just wanting some feed back on how many times should be travel there. I know that we want to go to Christine's and Senior Frog's as well as have some really good seafood!!! Any suggestions on this? I know that Christine's closes at 0500, can we get a taxi back to our hotel at this hour? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My first time there and we are staying for 7 days. (leaving our Five children at home) and need to pack in as much as possible!!!! Thanks in advance for all/any info!!!!!!!
:lol: