The best of the tours...

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MS1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
The best of the tours...

Post by MS1 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:23 pm

:lol: Using price and quality. I wanted to know the best for scuba, jetski, ATV, Bunjee. :idea:

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Arizona Karen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Puerto Vallarta is not really known for scuba, ATV's aren't on the beaches; only in the rain forest, jetskis are hit and miss and depend on how many jetski vendors are out that day (less means more money charged) and as far as I know there is only one Bunjee jump.

I think you're missing the activities that are unique to PV:

Go on a canopy tour; Los Veranos is awesome.
Go on the Marigalante boat or another boat tour.
Go taste Tequila; the one north of WalMart is superb.

If you are serious about jetskis and saving money at the same time, sign up for a timeshare presentation and negotiate (ahead of time) that your prizes be cash to use for jetskis.

Hope you have fun.

spartacus_33
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by spartacus_33 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Where is the tequilla tour "north of Walmart"?

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Arizona Karen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:50 am

spartacus_33 wrote:Where is the tequilla tour "north of Walmart"?
I was slightly turned around. It's east of WalMart in the colorful suburb of El Pitillal. They put on a great Foklorico show and have the option of including a meal (with a margarita of course!) It's reasonable. We especially enjoyed the cherry and almond tequilas. Great variety.

It's on this site under tours and activities titled Tequila tour in Pto. Vallarta. It doesn't show the meal option though.

Andrea24
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

tequila place

Post by Andrea24 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am

the name of that place is "Tequilera El TAPATIO" :!:

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:33 am

jetskis are hit and miss and depend on how many jetski vendors are out that day (less means more money charged)
All but one or two jet ski locations are owned by the same person. After Kenna when all of the jet skis got destroyed with no insurance to replace them a guy from Texas, (each location has to have a permit to operate and those permits were bought from the owners who could not afford to replace their jet skis). He has guys working for him at each location and trust me, the are there every day, this guy makes sure of that. He has had quite a roller coaster ride since he purchased the locations (he learned a lesson the hard way, from the locals, that you don't just walk into an area with $$$ in your pockets and try to take over the area).