GCP in July 07

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sjackson
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
GCP in July 07

Post by sjackson » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 am

Hi! My sister-in-law and I will be visiting GCP in July. What kind of weather can we expect and does anyone have any tips/advice for newbies. Neither of us have ever been to PV. We're both so excited we are already having trouble sleeping!

Thanks!
Sandra

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:43 am

Sandra,
It is not anywhere near California weather in July. Hot and humid with rain almost every afternoon/evening. The rain is awsome, sometimes light showers and sometimes pouring down. They have amazing thunder and lightening, the kind we don't seen in Cali As long as you don't mind the heat and humidity you will love it.

Take lots of sunscreen (PV is closer to the equator so you burn easier and faster) drink lots of water to stay hydrated. The town won't be as crowded but that can be a good thing.

Have a great time!

sjackson
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sjackson » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Heat and humidity is fine with us and I'm very excited about thunder and lightening! I'm from the midwest and have missed that the most! I'm glad it won't be as crowded. We are both busy moms and just want to relax.

Thanks for the info! :)

Sandra

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:55 pm

We were there last July and loved it. It was hot but not too hot especially if you stayed near the water. In town during the day was a little warm but no hotter than KS where we live. And we don't have a beach, so it was a great trade. Enjoy!! And tell Carmen at the Beach Bar "hola" for me. I left her my Valentine's Day flowers when we left in Feb. She's a sweetie as is the whole staff.

wanttogotopv
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by wanttogotopv » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:27 am

did it rain everyday when you were there in july?

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:53 pm

I think it rained every night or at least most of them. Really big thunderstorms and lots of lightning. But it only rained in the day time one time for about 10-15 minutes. It cracked me up because all these people around and in the pool and beach ran for umbrellas or some kind of cover so they wouldn't get wet as soon as it started raining. My husband and I got a real kick out of that, lol.

sjackson
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sjackson » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:39 pm

that's hilarious!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu May 10, 2007 5:16 pm

We spent the last 8 years at the GCP in late June/July. I can remember having an occasional shower in the late afternoon and one or two nights with a thunderstorm. Lots of heat and humidity during the day but tolerable with the breezes comming off of the bay. Enjoy the adult beverages, but remember to drink plenty of water.