Paradise Village Resort

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan
Paradise Village Resort

Post by Sunluvr » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 am

My husband, sister, brother-in-law, and I are arriving early July for a week. We've exchanged our timeshare for a two-bedroom at the Paradise Village Resort in NV.

Can I hear the good, the bad and the ugly? (Hopefully it's mostly good!)

Please and thank you. 8)

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:06 am

Since you have already made the reservations and are, in fact, going to Paradise Village, here is a thought: Do not ask for or read other people's ideas. Just go there, enjoy your selves and form your own ideas. Point is, if you are looking for something someone else said was bad, you will probably find it. If you are looking for something someone else said was good, you probrbly won't find it. Self fulfilling prophesy. Chuck... 8)

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Sunluvr » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 am

Thanks Chuck and very true (about self-fulfilling prophecies). I expect to have a wonderful time (the last and only other time we were in the area was in Feb of 04; we rented a villa in Mismaloya) - I guess I was just being poetic asking for the "good, the bad and the ugly."

So what I guess I'd really like to know is:

What are the tips others have for staying at Paradise Village - who to ask for help (I know some people tend to be more helpful than others), what kind of activities are there to enjoy - shortcuts to the beach, that sort of thing.

Again, thank you.

Wanda 8)

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:49 am

Sunluvr wrote:What are the tips others have for staying at Paradise Village - who to ask for help (I know some people tend to be more helpful than others), what kind of activities are there to enjoy - shortcuts to the beach, that sort of thing.

Again, thank you.

Wanda 8)
Step out the east door of the resort your at the Marina. Step out the west door your on the beach, doesn't get any shorter than that.

seanmac
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

What do you want to know...

Post by seanmac » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:24 am

OK so you have been getting some sound advice here...I liked the step out any door to the water comment, it is true.

I live down the road from Paradise Village. There is a small shopping mall with supermarket outside the entrance to the resort.

The best activity in the immediate area is the African Queen river tour at the marina beside the mall. And whatever Vallarta Adventures offers, without a doubt the best tour company and dolphin experience in town.

The resort has more amenities than any other in the timeshare world, so you'll find lots to do on site. Body surfing is awesome in front of the resort. The new fitness and sports club is world class. For Golf, El Tigre, is a beautiful course with great service.

Anything else you would like let me know.

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Enjoy

Post by Arizona Karen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Wanda,

Take advantage of one or two of the Paradise Village Beach Resort nightly themed activities. They are a blast. They might seem expensive but last for hours and usually include all you can eat and drink.

Plan on spending time in Puerto Vallarta as it's a beautiful city and offers a different experience than staying at Paradise Village. We took the little boat which offers ferrying service from Paradise Village to downtown but didn't like it at all. It's not only expensive but then you miss out on the local culture. Take the bus instead. There's a bus stop in front of the Paradise Village shopping mall.

Take the bus further up the road to Bucerias and plop yourself in a beachfront restaurant. We really liked Claudio's at Mason Bay. Heard there is a great bakery called Pie in the Sky. If you will be cooking some meals in the condo, go to carneceria Del Mundo in Bucerias for great meat.

Did you do a canopy tour in '04? If not, do Los Veranos; it's great! Set it up so you are picked up at their Nayarit stop then take the local bus to get there.

Shuffle your feet as you go into the ocean as there are stingrays.

Have extra time? Head to the Sayulita/San Pancho area further up the coast. The hills come right to the ocean and it's beautiful. Have time while in San Pancho, continue walking north on the beachfront road and take it up the hill (very steep) and imagine living in one of those beautiful houses.

Have a great time.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:26 am

Make sure you go to La Lagunita for dinner. Fantastic seafood.

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Enjoy

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 am

Arizona Karen wrote:
San Pancho area further up the coast. The hills come right to the ocean and it's beautiful. Have time while in San Pancho, continue walking north on the beachfront road and take it up the hill (very steep) and imagine living in one of those beautiful houses.

Have a great time.
I have always time for beautiful things. The description you gave is very interesting. For sure I will follow your suggestion when I get there. Is there a variety of hotels in the area? I mean from high-end luxury to simple living?

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

mexico-mvt

Post by Arizona Karen » Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Many of the San Pancho homes are luxurious but there are some in town (not on beach) which are simple living. If you are looking for an adventure all-inclusive, check out Costa Azul resort. Not what many would consider for an all-inclusive stay. It's more laid back and small and quaint. I've also sent you a pm.

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

So. . . 46 days to go!

Post by Sunluvr » Tue May 19, 2009 8:33 pm

I have another question regarding Paradise Village. I see that there are different types of accomodations within the resort (we are confirmed for a two bedroom - we're using a time-share exchange). I'm sure that there are even different grades of units - how can I get the "best" one? Any ideas?

Please and thank you! :D

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue May 19, 2009 10:25 pm

I would ask which set of condos that you are in. There are different buildings with different names, like Playa Vista, Grand Marina, Ocean Vista, etc. You can see the names of the different buildings on a map of the property at -www.paradisevillage.com. They do have 2 bedroom units in the hotel, too, so perhaps you have one of those.

Also ask if you are going to have "privileges" at the pools and beach in front of the Paradise Village hotel. It is being run a bit differently than it was a few years ago, and sometimes they charge an extra fee to use the hotel facilities and beach (if you are in one of the condos). If you are travelling as a couple, you might not want to spend time at the hotel pool, as it can be loud, but if you have younger people in your group, you might want to spend time by the hotel pool/beach.

I think all the condos are pretty comparable, but some are on the ocean, and some are on the marina. Some are closer to the hotel than others. If you go onto -www.vrbo.com and search "paradise village," you will see many units for rent in various buildings, that individual owners are renting. That may help you to see the "grades."

Aidan Weisz
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Play it safe

Post by Aidan Weisz » Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 am

Puerto Vallarta boasts first-rate restaurants and you would definitely enjoy its flee markets that offer great bargains. Really a shopping haven. However, I would still suggest that you play it safe. Equip yourself with all information by doing a research. A brochure that tackles the place would come in handy or you can avail a vacation package to the place.

Enjoy your vacation!

DarrellBray
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by DarrellBray » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:04 am

Hey, any chance we could get an update on how the trip went? :D

Associate,