Returning for 8th visit to GCP

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Returning for 8th visit to GCP

Post by luvthis » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:15 pm

:?: Bob & I will be returning in November to the GCP for our 8th visit. This time we will be bringing along our soon to be 34 year old single son, as well. His birthday will take place while we are there. I will have celebrated my 55th birthday just a few days prior to arriving. Our last visit to the GCP was in late August, 2006.

I want to pick the brains of the GCP faithful repeaters that have been back to the Golden Crown Paradise within the last few months. I am particularly interested in knowing about which "regular staff members" have left since last August as well as any policy changes that might have taken place. What is the current policy regarding the use of the Crown Paradise Resort next door and their restaurants? Last year management had implemented a vouchure (ticket) system, limiting the number of times we could eat next door. What is the current policy?

Thanks guys. I won't be posting much, because a few years back I had been accused of posting my positive feedback on this board to "kiss-up" to get extra perks for being a multi-repeater. The poster made some pretty nasty accusations, so rather than being bashed again, I am just looking for current info so I can return to visit my Puerto Vallarta family at the GCP for an 8th time and be up to date on the latest news.

BTW...why would I want to "kiss-up" to my friends there? They know us every year we return and are always cordial and smiling when they see our faces. Isn't that what great customer service is all about?

Best,
Jean & Bob, Racine, Wisconsin

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:09 pm

You know what, there are SOBs all over the place that try to make you feel bad. I'm interested too as to what staff members are still there. I also remember the tickets for the resturants at the CPR. That really didn't bother me since I ate every dinner at the Paradise resturant. I had to see my man Poly and the lovely Maria. I really miss this resort but untill I can get a decent flight out of STL I'll have to stick to the Playa del Carmen area.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

GCP News

Post by smitty » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm pretty sure Tom has a few thoughts and maybe even a presentation to share with you guys ! :) Nice to have you back Chuck - you are missed . Jean post away - Tom has all the info on GCP that is worth knowing . Personally I applaud any business that rewards its good clients . :)

tojol57

ck - email

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Good Morning Jean, got your e-mail and i have responded to your questions as well as given you Lorena's e-mail address as she is the new guest relations manager... i agree with Chuck, don't let past SOB's ruin your presence out here... I post and post all about the GCP here as well as that other board (TA)... i catch more flack over there than here... Yes they still have a ticket system for the resturants at the CPCR, but i think if you talk to Lorena, you can go over more if you wish, or just check with other guests, and if they aren't going to use their tickets snatch on to them... not a big deal... Danny from Activities is gone, Aldo is Back, Ramirez and Sol are gone from around the pool, but little Carmelita is still out on the beach serving all the guests with here sweet smile...

let me know if there is anything else....

Happy Birthday early... sorry we won't be down there at the same time... it would be nice to meet up with you and Bob someday too....

pvfunlover
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvfunlover » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Hey Jean and Bob. When in November are you going? I just booked my 7th trip to the GCP for Nov. 7-14. I wish it were sooner but what can you do. Maybe I'll see you there.

Charlie from Phoenix

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:52 am

I asked this question on another post but will put it here also, -a post on
TA claimed that the GCP will not have honeymoon rooms and suites availabel after 12/31 (unknown reason) any info out there???

I will be there with my daughters and daughter in law Nov 1 for 5 days, first all girsl retreat- hubby and I will be back Dec 30, we are many time repeat time guests but haven't been there since Dec 2006- a long lapse, hopefully will be able to make more trips in back in 2008.

When we were last there the voucher thing still applied to the resort next door, but we got 3 for a seven day stay. Looking forward to seeing Aldo again.

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Nov.3-10th

Post by luvthis » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:38 pm

mhahn wrote:I asked this question on another post but will put it here also, -a post on
TA claimed that the GCP will not have honeymoon rooms and suites availabel after 12/31 (unknown reason) any info out there???

I will be there with my daughters and daughter in law Nov 1 for 5 days, first all girsl retreat- hubby and I will be back Dec 30, we are many time repeat time guests but haven't been there since Dec 2006- a long lapse, hopefully will be able to make more trips in back in 2008.

When we were last there the voucher thing still applied to the resort next door, but we got 3 for a seven day stay. Looking forward to seeing Aldo again.
Hey Mhahn, I remember reading your posts. You and hubby are great "repeaters" to the GCP. We will be there from 11/3-11/10. Think you'd have a moment to meet? I know you said you're there with your daughters & daughter-in-law (no hubby this time). As said at the beginning of this thread, we are bringing our son, who's been divorced for awhile and is really looking forward to visiting the resort and with us and discover first hand why we continue to return.

I haven't heard anything about the suite thing, but then again, we never book one...ha...just poor folks from Wisconsin, ya know?

Hopefully, we'll meet each other in November.

--Jean & Bob, Racine, Wisconsin :lol:

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:59 pm

I am sure we will be a rather loud group-4 women talking at once, I will be th "old lady" in the group-looking fporward to seeing you!

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by luvthis » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:35 pm

:lol: That's okay...I'll be the chubby one w/glasses that's with the bald-headed husband and the attractive blond son with the blue eyes. We'll have to meet up on Sunday, 11/4, since you go home on the 5th and we don't arrive until late on Saturday night. Hope our paths get to cross.

--Jean

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:51 am

Jean- will look for you and yours on Sunday the 4th- I am sure we will be at the Breeze Bar sometime during the day,afternoon and evening! We don't leave for home until Tuesday the 6th. My birthday is in Oct, will be 57 when we meet.

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by luvthis » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:40 pm

mhahn wrote:Jean- will look for you and yours on Sunday the 4th- I am sure we will be at the Breeze Bar sometime during the day,afternoon and evening! We don't leave for home until Tuesday the 6th. My birthday is in Oct, will be 57 when we meet.
:wink: I turned 55 on Halloween! Ughh...I'll watch for you and your group of girls at the Breeze Bar. Boy...just saying that makes me smile. It will be such fun to return and with our son joining us, it will be even more fun watching his response to being there for the 1st time.

--Jean

tojol57

Suites Issue

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:04 pm

AS for the honeymoon suites issue, i have an e-mail into Angie, Rose Mary, Lorena and Leaslie to see what i can find out... they could all be booked as far as i know... because i have our suite for the February 2008 trip... so i am just thinking they are all booked for the start of the season, or they could be doing some rennovations as well... but as soon as i find out, i will let you all know....

have a great trip... we will be down 17 - 24 for my 50 birthday in November... there will be a day we will all get down there at the same time... some day... right...