Paradise Village or Grand Club Marival??

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Paradise Village or Grand Club Marival??

Post by loveak » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:30 am

O.K. Please help trying to decide between these two resorts. I want to go AI and have a resort with activites, shows good resturants. Will be going into town for one night, but the rest will stay at the resort. What is your in put?? Does everyone have to sit through the "condo presentation" if youstay at either of these like I have been hearing about? If I get a good deal I wouldn't mind a 1/2 presentations or to get a free pass for something in or around PV. Please respond. Thanks

kgs
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kgs » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Don't know about the Marival but PV is very nice. I wouldn't call it a 5 star - perhaps a 4. Beach is beautiful as are grounds. Plenty of activities. You certainly don't have to sit through a timeshare if you are not inclined. A firm No Thanks will work. Be aware though that they do not last 90 minutes as advertised. You will devote about half a day to the effort, so if you aren't inclined to give up half a day of your vaca don't. If you do then make sure you bargain for the highest value. As a guide last year when we agreed to the presentation at PV, we held out for $200. I don't think I would consider doing it for less. You might want to consider doing AI for only a portion of your stay. I think this is an option at PV.

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by loveak » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:21 pm

I just read on a other message that Paradice Village really isn't an AI just tickets to get free meals if you buy that option. Please explain this. Also does it have a swim up bar?

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Club Marival

Post by sandi.g » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:03 am

Our niece and nephew stayed at Club Marival last year. They said it was very nice, the food was good and they enjoyed the unlimmited drinks. No complaints. I thnk it was a 4 star as well.
Last edited by sandi.g on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgs
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kgs » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:11 pm

You are probably right about PV not being a true AI, so if unlimited drinks are what you are looking for PV would not be the right choice for you. I don''t know about the swim up bar part either - I'd guess yes as there are several pools.