Dress code at Royal Decameron

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Randy in MN
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Dress code at Royal Decameron

Post by Randy in MN » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 pm

We will be at the Royal Decameron on Sat 2/23. Just wondering if anyone knows the dress codes at their restaurants. Most places I've been require dress pants and collared shirts at the sit-down restaurants , usually shorts with nicer shirts at the buffets. How about shoes? Are sandals okay or will I have to bring dress shoes? I like to pack light, so if you have to dress nicer the suitcase fills up fast with extra shoes and nice clothes.
Can't wait to leave this bad Minnesota winter. :cry:
Thanks
Randy :D

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:51 pm

i've walked through the place (not stayed) and would say very
clean and 3-4 stars - so, to be on safe side, try emailing them
ContactUs@Decameron.com and if no response by friday,
be safe, take pants. nice tennis shoes should be fine.
sat. the 23rd? wonder if we're on same flight?
we're out of HHH terminal @ 6am.

Randy in MN
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

MSP Flight

Post by Randy in MN » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks for the reponse, yes same early morning Sun Country flight.
Can hardly wait.
Randy

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:23 pm

very relaxed.

Nice pair of Golf shorts and a nice collared shirt with a pair of leather type sandles seemed to be the norm but there were people that were more dressed up.

It's a very casual place- make sure you go out one night down to Marks place (1/4 mile walk ont he same street) it is wonderful.

remember to bring soap/shampoo, etc...they do not provide those kind of things as I recall.

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 am

i second the idea regarding short walk to mark's bar & grill.
you will be glad you did.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:22 pm

glacierroasters wrote:remember to bring soap/shampoo, etc...they do not provide those kind of things as I recall.
An all inclusive resort that doesn't supply soap and shampoo? Sounds odd to me..

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:22 pm

teduardo wrote:
glacierroasters wrote:remember to bring soap/shampoo, etc...they do not provide those kind of things as I recall.
An all inclusive resort that doesn't supply soap and shampoo? Sounds odd to me..
:lol:

No - actually I just like to make things like that up, to throw people for a loop.

:wink:

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm

Also, take the beach walk towards Bucerias... stop at Karen's Place for a really nice romantic dinner on the beach. Great food, and wonderful service... and a NICE WINE LIST...

You will love RDC and Bucerias... venture out a lot... there is a lot to do in Bucerias... !!

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Sorry didn't intend to offend, but I've never stayed at an AI, and somehow figured all inclusive meant all inclusive.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:23 pm

teduardo wrote:Sorry didn't intend to offend, but I've never stayed at an AI, and somehow figured all inclusive meant all inclusive.
hence the wink,

it is very strange...I agree.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:21 am

i'm here right now. dress is casual. my husband usually wears a golf shirt and shorts and sandals. the italian is good and so is the brasil restaurant. went into bucerias to duggerals and it was awesome. aduatos is another favorite. try my girlfriends cinnamon buns at sweet things, on the first street leaving the royal going into bucerias. shopping is awesome in bucerias. i'm leaving saturday to stay at the holiday inn sea tower. feel free to ask any other questions since i'm here now and i'm sitting in a beautiful lobby just about ready for bed after an all day boat tour to quixito!

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:25 pm

chrisnick wrote:i'm here right now. dress is casual. my husband usually wears a golf shirt and shorts and sandals. the italian is good and so is the brasil restaurant. went into bucerias to duggerals and it was awesome. aduatos is another favorite. try my girlfriends cinnamon buns at sweet things, on the first street leaving the royal going into bucerias. shopping is awesome in bucerias. i'm leaving saturday to stay at the holiday inn sea tower. feel free to ask any other questions since i'm here now and i'm sitting in a beautiful lobby just about ready for bed after an all day boat tour to quixito!
Is Jimmy still the activities director?

He took good care of our group when we were there! Very nice people all the way around!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:20 pm

you are probably flying right now. we booked all our tours through scotts tours. he is on the street left of the royal decameron just before the bridge. no time share hassles and good prices

Momma_x5
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Momma_x5 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:28 pm

My husband, Brother-in-law, Sister-in-law & myself are going to be there next week.

Thanks for the info!!!!

BTW.....Are the electrical outlets compatible with USA's? We've never been to Mexico before, so we have TONS of questions. :D

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi Momma_x5 welcome to the forum..
Your ticker countdown looks very good.. :)

Yes the electrical outlets are compatible with USA's..
You will enjoy staying at the DeCameron and you will come to love Mexico and it's people....
If you have any questions ask away..There are several of us on the board that have stayed at the Decameron and many that have great knowledge of PV :) ...

Momma_x5
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Momma_x5 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks!

Hubby & I went on a cruise 2 years ago & stopped at Cozumel.

It was BEAUTIFUL!

That's why we decided to go to an all inclusive resort in Mexico.

The Royal Decameron looks REALLY nice!

I am getting SOOOOO excited!

I was just looking at all of the different excursions.

It's hard to decide what else to do.

Any suggestions?

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:09 am

I would do the canopy tour again in a heart beat! I went on the Los Veronas tour and that was great! Apparently the extreme canopy tour is really good. I went on the evening Pirate Ship and that is the only tour I didn't like. The day tours are nice. I went on the Santa Maria but I would likely choose a smaller boat next time just so there aren't so many people.

Momma_x5
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Momma_x5 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:35 am

I don't know about the canopy things. I'm too much of a chicken. I like to keep my feet on the ground. lol

So far, we are thinking about renting the ATV's & going out & about on our own.

Anyone done that?

I want to see the Catholic church in Bucerias. (At least I THINK that's where it is) LOL!!!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:36 am

Well I do have a little story about ATVing in the General Rambling section....I would ATV again but I would probably do the one that is in PV. The one in Bucerias is a little dusty. Apparently the dune buggy trip is good!

Momma_x5
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Momma_x5 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 am

Can you post a link to your story, or do I just need to go searching for it?