Just booked GCP July 6-9 !

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

amart226
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Just booked GCP July 6-9 !

Post by amart226 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:52 pm

We have booked our first trip to the GCP. I just have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer for me. We booked an Ocean Front room thru Funjet, but we would really like a Jacuzzi room. It seems that the only rooms that you can book online are the ocean view and ocean front, how do you go about getting a Jacuzzi room? Also what are the dress codes for the restaurants? Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks Anna

rrbink
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

gcp

Post by rrbink » Thu May 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Not sure how to go about making an upgrade might try on line but I'm thinking you might have to wait untill you get there. The resteraunts that have a dress code require men to wear long pants light casuel worked for me last time so thats what I'm bringing we will be there from June 27 through the 7th of JUly

sunshine311
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sunshine311 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:37 pm

This is off topic, but I've always wondered what motivates people to take vacations to tropical places, such as Mexico, in the summer? It's just that most people go to places like that to escape from winter at home. In the middle of July its hot and sunny at home, so I wouldn't think to go to a tropical vacation destination.
Not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just curious.

amart226
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: gcp

Post by amart226 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:17 pm

rrbink wrote:Not sure how to go about making an upgrade might try on line but I'm thinking you might have to wait untill you get there. The resteraunts that have a dress code require men to wear long pants light casuel worked for me last time so thats what I'm bringing we will be there from June 27 through the 7th of JUly
Thanks for the info. It looks like you leave the day after we get there, so maby we can meet up for a drink.

amart226
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by amart226 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 pm

sunshine311 wrote:This is off topic, but I've always wondered what motivates people to take vacations to tropical places, such as Mexico, in the summer? It's just that most people go to places like that to escape from winter at home. In the middle of July its hot and sunny at home, so I wouldn't think to go to a tropical vacation destination.
Not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just curious.
We have hot and sunny weather at home also but the scenery is so much better in Mexico with all the palm trees and the ocean. Where I live all we have is dry grass and tumbleweeds. The other plus is that I get to get away from work for a couple of days and I don't feel like I have to call in all the time to see what is happening.

desi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by desi » Fri May 30, 2008 6:46 pm

I go in the summer because its the only time we can take a long trip with the kids. It gets up to 100+ during the summer where I live so the heat does not bother us too much. I've been to PV in the fall, spring and summer and actually think PV is prettier in the summer as far as the jungle goes. Plus...its cheaper!

swimgirl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by swimgirl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:05 am

We go in the summer because it's cheaper, fits our schedule and if anyone has been to San Francisco, they know it's freezing in the summer - some days when the fog rolled it's in the 50s. By the time August rolls around I am very tired of cold foggy days and just need some sun!!

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 pm

anytime is the best time to travel to mexico.
live it up!

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Vallarta in the summer

Post by poppy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:21 am

I go to renew my FM3. By the way, this was my 5th renewal and on your 5th renewal you need to get a whole new FM3. Thank goodness for Lorenza at the office store next to immigration. She is one stop shopping for your FM3 (except for the bank payment) and she speaks perfect English.

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by deollafan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:13 pm

This is along the lines of what sunshine 331 wrote.

I'm going to have to plead ignorance about this GCP place. I always stay in Old Town. Where is the GCP located? What makes it better than, for example, renting a condo at Vista del Sol for a month in the summer? Next question: Why would you need to go to a restaurant in Vallarta that requires long pants on men (except for, maybe, Cafe des Artistes)? Seems like you can get away with shorts and a decent shirt and sandals everywhere else! I have to dress business casual for work every day. Why on earth inflict that upon yourself on your vacation?!!!

nana4ou
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by nana4ou » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:24 pm

We go because the grandkids are out of school and we love to take family vacations. We enjoyed the weather way more than the weather back home while we were gone (6-16). We were in Nuevo Vallarta but no rain and beautiful beach winds during the day.....I'd go to PV anytime anyone would take me. Ha! Barbi........

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:58 pm

august is a good month to go. lots of mexican families vacationing. very festive atmosphere on los muertos beach.

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:49 am

I've been to PV in July and once you're over the humidity (couple hours tops) it's quite wonderful. The weather is perfect, hot and sunny all day and a nice thunder shower at about 5PM 50% of the time. Spend the day on the beach, the afternoon over cocktails, flake out for an hour in the evening and go for dinner after the cooling shower.

PV is amazing almost all year - I would avoid late October and early November - that's hurricane season. The other 11 months are awesome.
TIM