Plaza Pelicanos

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

barbossa3127
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Plaza Pelicanos

Post by barbossa3127 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:51 pm

has anyone stayed here before? The small group that I'm going with will be staying here....just trying to get some info on it. :D

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:41 pm

barbossa3127...I have stayed there...if you search for "sonofdob" as the author in "puerto vallarta reports and reviews" you should find my trip report, complete with photos from last year at this time...it is posted in a day by day format and titled "PV and Plaza Pelicanos Day One" through "PV and Plaza Pelicanos Day Eight"...let me know if you have any specific questions...I enjoyed it there...sonofdob

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 pm

We stayed there 2 yrs ago in the seccionII, the vacation club part. The 2bdr condo was very large with a huge balony overlooking the beach. The buffet food is so-so, I'd stick to the menu. The adult pool was closed for maintenance so we split our time between the seccionII pool and the main activities pool with the swim up bar. Walked over to the hotel section (seccionI), it looked very nice and the pool looked nice too. It's in easy walking distance of plenty of shopping and restaraunts and a couple of ice cream shops and a panaderia, with good beakfast pastries. Have a good time.

Jimbo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Jimbo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:25 pm

We have stayed there three times and absolutely loved it! Very nice staff, clean place, fairly good buffett food (for buffet food), and close to alot of what is going on. Easly place to catch a city bus or taxi. Lot of shopping right around the hotel area.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Make sure you try Blakes Sports Bar. Their food is fabulous. Stay by the pool because the beach is poor.