Los Arcos Suites

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru
Los Arcos Suites

Post by pdxbuff » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:45 am

This hotel is sister to the Casa Susana directly across the street and Playa Los Arcos which is a half block away on Olas Altos in Old Town. As a resident, you can use the services and facilities at these other hotels as well. I was there from Dec. 2-11. I was a solo traveler.
When I arrived for check in, I was greeted by an attendant who took my suitcase and directing me to the check-in counter. I was given a card to check out towells on the beach at Playa Los Arcos plus a card to swipe to allow me to enter and exit my suite and a ticket for a free drink. This is a five story building with elevator. I believe there are 45 units.
After checking in, I was directed to my suite #202. The suite consisted of a living room with 2 sofas, a table, coffee table, small closet and a kitchenette with fridge but no microwave. There was a coffee pot, 2 burner hot plate, sink, glasses, utensils and plates and basic cookware. Then there is a separate bathroom with toilet and shower but the normal bathroom sink is in the living room next to the kitchenette. And finally, there is a separate bedroom with a queen bed, closet, dresser, side tables and an outside balcony with two chairs and a table with a view of the street and a somewhat narror view of the ocean. A nice view nevertheless.
On the first floor, there is a very nice pool (heated by the way) plus plenty of lounge chairs. This pool got plenty of direct sun from around 11 AM until 3 PM before going behind the neighboring buildings. The Casa Susana's pool is roof top and gets excellent sun while the pool at Playa Los Arcos gets no sun this time of year.
I liked several things with The Suites. First, every bedroom has an in-house free safe in the closet which requires a 4 digit sign in code. Second, the living room and bedroom have separate in ceiling A/C units, not the noisy window units. You can just run the living room unit if you don't want cold air blowing on you in the bedroom. Third, the mattress was firm but not as hard as others I have slept on including across the street in the Casa Susana. Plenty of hot water by the way. Fourth, although PV is one of the noisiest cities I have visited, this location despite being around the corner from Andale's was relatively quiet. Not once did I use my earplugs although I must admit that excessive shots of tequilla helped stiffle the weekend noise. And finally, Fifth, the location! Close to the beach, Andale's, restaurants, the Malecon, and no hills to climb.
All this for less than $100/night. I would recommend this hotel.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:56 pm

i concur. nice big rooms, much bigger than the playa los arcos rooms with all the beach and pool privileges. and a little bit quieter than across the street.