Budget minded people

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

fatts
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Budget minded people

Post by fatts » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Hello, my first time on a blog like this but I have been reading and my stresses about reserving a hotel in PV have subsided tremendously :) Anyway to the point, I am going with a friend who really doesn't want to spend much money on hotel. I mean max 120USD/per night. I don't want to fork over extra cash for hotel but i also wanted to stay in a descent place, I heard romantic zone is cool, more relaxing and close to stuff. One friend living there told me about Mesa Del Mar? I looked it up but it sounded shady....Anyway, I know I maybe asking a lot but any suggestions would help....thanks

tojol57

Welcome to the Board

Post by tojol57 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:21 pm

First off let me welcome you to the board, you will find some pretty friendly and knowlegable people here. We all have various levels of experiences and knowledge on Vallarta. I think you are on the right path on your search. Now are you and your friend looking to spending $120/pp per night or are you looking to combine your finances for a total of $120/per night.... There are some nice condos for rent in that price range, you can get into some various all inclusive resorts for that price as well... Zona Romantica is a wonderful area... our friends Fred and Sandy have rented two condos in this area, and have loved their experiences... i guess what are you looking for as in night life, restaurants, do you like to walk from point a to point b, or do you want easy access taxis and buses... we are here to help you the best we can....

Tom
aka Mr Crown

fatts
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by fatts » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:13 pm

We are looking to spend $120 total per night as we will be there for 3 nights. We are in our late twenties, so we want to do some night life. So, walking distance to night life and restaurants is definitely a plus.
When we originally booked, we just wanted a quiet place to get away and relax on the beach. But I think we will end up doing much more than that ;) Anyway, thanks for the prompt response.

tojol57

Originally Booked??

Post by tojol57 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:53 pm

You stated you originally booked... are you booked or did you cancel and are looking to rebook somewhere? If you are in the Zona Romantica area, you are within walking distance of many nice resturants, tiendas, and the new board walk that will lead you to even more resturants, to the malecon and all the best night spots, restuarants, etc...

If you get a chance look for our friend Sandy (aka sjl330) and check out some of her comments as they have been booking and staying in small condos down in this area that just might be what you are looking for....

again welcome to the board, and good lucking making your vacation a memorable one...

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:22 am

Meza del Mar is a great place for budget-minded vacationers. The location is perfect and I believe the rooms are basic but fine. I have seen it on the outside only but have friends who have happily stayed there.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 am

ellen is right, meza del mar is fine. at the south end of los muertos beach. if you're not locked in to meza the playa los arcos and tropicana are 2 choices in the same area right on the beach. low season is coming up so deals can be had. also many condos in old town would be available then for much cheaper than 120 dollars a night.

fatts
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by fatts » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:22 am

I will look into all three. I have not booked a housing. Sorry I meant when we booked our flight. Where can I find info on condos?
Thanks for all the help

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:45 pm

We stayed in a wonderful condo in the Romantic Zone, and I see that the rate for May is $78/night. We paid $100/night in January. I don't know when you are going, but this might be a good place for you. You can find it by looking on -www.vrbo.com and enter property number 121856. It was perfect for two people sharing a bed. Very quiet, yet easy walk to all the nightlife and restaurants. So close to the ocean that I could hear the waves crashing as I nodded off. There is a small pool and also a rooftop patio with wonderful views.

I love staying in condos as you can buy a few groceries and have coffee, breakfast in the am and appetizers, cocktails in the evening. I could go on and on if you want more advice.

There are many condos at Selva Romantica that also look great on vrbo.com, and these are in that same area, but I have never stayed in any. You can search using these terms on vrbo.

Sally

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

we stayed at vallarta shores rite next to meza del mar 2 yrs. ago;
day we arrived our room wasn't ready so we sat and had drinks at
meza's beach club - talked to two different parties that return there
every year based on location & price - both loved the place - knew
what they were getting for the money; really can't beat the location
rite on los muertos.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 pm

fatts wrote:I will look into all three. I have not booked a housing. Sorry I meant when we booked our flight. Where can I find info on condos?
Thanks for all the help
If you're looking for a condo to rent, I have 2 of them.......

JAAntos
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

some inexpensive options

Post by JAAntos » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:47 pm

So far, I've been searching for a room for us and have found this:

www.applevacations.com super cheap and good choices of hotels

craigslist.org (seattle had some listings like http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/vac/1138895374.html)

and if you choose to book through Orbitz, Expdia or the like, be sure to search for 'coupon codes' for deals.

have fun :)

Diana512
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Diana512 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:35 am

Hi .. I've stayed at Posada Roger. It's very nice .. clean and only 38.00 in low season its at Basilio Badillo 237 The people who work there are very nice and its only 2 blocks from los muertos beach.

Here's the link -www.hotelposadaderoger.com

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Posada Roger is nice for the money but.....

Post by pdxbuff » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 am

It is very noisy.
The A/C's are noisy or don't work.
The only decent rooms face the street so beware of other rooms.
Otherwise, not a bad place for the money.
You get what you pay for.

jrgfallbrook
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jrgfallbrook » Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 pm

In the ten plus years that we have been going to PV we always come a few days early, or stay a few days beyond our two weeks at our timeshare in Conchas Chinas. We have used Posada de Roger - Middle of city streets and yes it is noisy. Rooms are adequate and the best breakfast in town is just downstairs. We found that it is a favorite place for many Canadians that travel to PV. We have also stayed, for more than a week, at Vallarta Shores (the south end of Los Muertos, on the beach, just past the Blue Chairs). Room was WONDERFUL. Owners and staff are great. Hope that helps you find a great place. 8)