Melia Hotel

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

zoesmom
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Melia Hotel

Post by zoesmom » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Does anyone know if there are turtles in the pond there? I know there is koi and birds, but one picture I seen looked like they had a turtle too.

It would be wonderful if there was, my daughter would be thrilled.

Thanks.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meliá and turtles

Post by webmaster » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:56 am

Don't know if they have them at the Meliá, but where I do know they have turtles is at the Vallarta Botanical Gardens, if your daughter likes nature, flowers, birds, plants and swimming with tadpoles (in the little creek they have), you should consider that day trip. http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_d ... ardens.php

I haven't been to the Zoo in Vallarta, but some people like it, specially as you can come real close and even pet animals you normally don't have access to: http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_d ... ne.php#zoo

Greetings

Mogens

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 am

Last time we were there we did see turtles in the fish pond that is right alongside the buffet restaurant (at the back). Also some pretty big fish and old iguanas in there too.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Water iguanas?

Post by webmaster » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:53 am

Do the big old iguanas live in the pond? Amphibian iguanas, sounds interesting, gotta visit them ;-)

Greets

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 am

I haven't seen the ones at Melia but the ones at Velas swim in the pool all the time; they live in the trees and bushes. Beware, they are not potty trained. you have to be careful where you walk especially if you don't have shoes on. :)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 am

Squishy between the toes... marvelous!