Blue Bay Getaway (not Club) Resort

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Rhonda
Blue Bay Getaway (not Club) Resort

Post by Rhonda » Fri Feb 23, 2001 5:26 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Blue Bay Getaway resort? How was it?? How was the food?
Didn't it use to have a different name?
I am going next month and am interested in what to expect.

Trish

Re:Blue Bay Getaway (not Club) Resort

Post by Trish » Fri Feb 23, 2001 9:45 pm

I just came back from PV and stayed at the Blue Bay Getaway. I heard it was recently renovated but I don't think it's name has changed?? I would recommend it. Dinner was hit or miss (alot of mystery meat!) but breakfast and lunch were fine. We ate at the snack bar for lunch they had great burgers! Just make sure you ask for them well done!!! They have 2 specialty restaurants (you can only eat at them once) make sure you book early to eat there, especially La Caverna, the food and service was great! The resort was very clean, the bar service was great! Anything you wanted! You'll enjoy it, we did!!

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stacey » Sun Feb 25, 2001 2:52 am

BBGetwawy actually used to be the Moranda. It just re-opened as BBG at the end of Dec. 1999, beginning of Jan. 2000. It is a very nice place. I will be returning to PV for the 5thtime in 2 weeks, staying at the Blue Bay Getaway again...I loved it there. Just a bit of info: the BBCLUB is not a very nice place at all...BBGetaway is DEFINITELY the way to go.

Liz

Post by Liz » Sun Feb 25, 2001 11:36 pm

Oh oh, we are going to PV the first week of April and are booked t stay at the Blue Bay Club. Can you tell me more about why it is not a very nice place?
Stacey (Feb 24, 2001 08:52 p.m.):
BBGetwawy actually used to be the Moranda. It just re-opened as BBG at the end of Dec. 1999, beginning of Jan. 2000. It is a very nice place. I will be returning to PV for the 5thtime in 2 weeks, staying at the Blue Bay Getaway again...I loved it there. Just a bit of info: the BBCLUB is not a very nice place at all...BBGetaway is DEFINITELY the way to go.

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stacey » Mon Feb 26, 2001 12:00 am

Liz (Feb 25, 2001 05:36 p.m.):
Oh oh, we are going to PV the first week of April and are booked t stay at the Blue Bay Club. Can you tell me more about why it is not a very nice place?

Don't be discouraged....perhaps I was a little hasty in saying that BBClub was not good. It's just that last year I booked a trip there and wasn't too impressed. The food was excellent, as were drinks and service...The layout of the Club was also really nice. I basically had 3 problems with the place. 1. I like to be able to walk into town, and BBClub is a little more out of the way. It is about 15 minutes or so from town (el centro)by bus. However the bus stops right outside your hotel so it's not a bigh deal i guess. 2. There wasn't much in the way of sun. It is built sort of in the mountains so it is often in the shade....We went over to visit the sister hotel (BBGetaway over in the hotel zone) and they had sun all day long. BBClub may not lack sn all the time...it's just that there wasn't much to speak of when I was there in March of last year. 3. There was no beach. The hotel is built on/ above the water, but you cannot access it. It is all rocks and NOT BEACH. Therefore they built a mock-beach about 15 feet above the water (sand, volleyball net, chairs etc...). I didn't think I would mind it so much but I soon found it annoying. If you have any more questions let me know. I'm sure you will still have a fantastic trip though!

CarolynCL

Post by CarolynCL » Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:14 am

Liz,

Our first trip to PV was in a place way, way up on the side of the mountain... fabulous views (you could see right down to Los Arcos), but no beach... or pool... it was a tiny little place... a timeshare exchange; we were warned that it was "under construction", and that was an interesting way of putting it, as it looked like it had been under construction about 10 years earlier (given the state of "regrowth" of the trees growing in the incomplete rooms!!!). So, definitely 1000x worse than your place... we felt like mountain goats hiking around the roads (no bus came anywhere near the front door... we had to hike down to the highway to get the bus into town).

Nevertheless, we fell in love with PV, and ended up buying a week at the Velas Vallarta resort (Marina area). We've now been back there 4 times and love it (both our resort and PV itself). Turns out we'll be there at the same time as you (first week of April)... I can hardly wait!

Carolyn

Liz

Post by Liz » Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:06 pm

CarolynCL (Feb 25, 2001 10:14 p.m.):
Stacey & Carolyn
Thank you both for your replies, we are very excited about going to PV, and have been looking for information in regard to the hotel and what there is to do there. I think we will have a fabulous time and can hardly wait. I think the next time, though we will look into the hotel sooner. Thank you both again.

Liz

Tina

Post by Tina » Thu May 31, 2001 3:13 am

Ok Liz- so how was the trip in April to the BB club? We leave next week and we have kids. My husband thinks its great that theres a lot of shade, so the kids dont burn- Is it hard to really get downtown? Give me what you got- thanks Tina
Liz (Feb 25, 2001 05:36 p.m.):
Stacey (Feb 24, 2001 08:52 p.m.):