Blue Bay Club Puerto Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Chrissy
Blue Bay Club Puerto Vallarta

Post by Chrissy » Sun Mar 11, 2001 12:57 am

Has anyone stayed here? If so, please tell me your thoughts on the resort. I am interested in vacationing there. Thanks!

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Blue Bay Club Puerto Vallarta

Post by stacey » Mon Mar 12, 2001 3:40 pm

Blue Bay Getaway, its sister hotel, is a nicer place. A 4 star as opposed to 3 and it is newer, cleaner, and much closer to everything...plus it is on the beach and isn't shaded all the time by the mountains like at BBClub

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy » Mon Mar 12, 2001 5:22 pm

Thanks Stacey for your input. I have seen other posts saying about the shade. We have 2 children so unfortunately we cannot go to the sister hotel. I guess the bottom line question would be would you go back to the club again? I was told the Qualton Resort is nice and a 5 star, do you know anything about that one? Thanks Again!

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stacey » Tue Mar 13, 2001 3:18 pm

Chrissy,
In all honesty, I personally would not return to the Blue Bay Club. There is a hotel called Embarcadero Pacifico in the Marina that is very nice...all inlusive, reasonably priced (comparable to BBClub I would say) and it is right next door to a water park that kids LOVE!!!! If I'm not mistaken they have some sort of deal where kids under 12 or 13 stay free. It is about a 10 minute bus ride from down town, similar to bbclub in that sense, but there are shops, restaurants, malls etc. in the marina area and you don't have to worry about being in the shade all the time. The rooms there are very nice. You can get a suite that has one bedroom, plus a living room that has 2 single sofa beds and a kitchenette, large table etc.. The hotel also has restaurants and nightly entertainment. I really don't know much about the Qualton, although I'm sure it is very nice (5 star in PV usually MEANS 5 star). I think embarcadero is a 4 star. I would recommend that hotel over BBCLUB though, definitely. I hope I have bben of some help. I would be glad to help out more if I can (I leave for PV tomorrow night fro 2 weeks).

CarolynCL

Post by CarolynCL » Wed Mar 14, 2001 2:05 am

I can't comment on Qualton, but maybe I can suggest another option...

I'm familiar with Velas Vallarta (my father and I own a bi-annual timeshare week there), and can recommend it for families (a portion of the accomodations are set aside for the "all-inclusive" hotel market).

There are three pools, one exclusively for children (kids are also allowed in the other two pools, of course - both of these are joined by a canal that the children love to play in). The resort is in the Marina area, right on the beach (so you can walk down to the water park that was mentioned in a previous post).

They also have special activities for the children, including painting Mexican pottery... big "kids" are allowed to do that too, and I usually manage to paint something when we visit :-)

Velas is a 5-star resort, and we've always been very pleased with our past stays (in a couple of weeks we will be visiting for our fifth time).

Carolyn

Alain

Post by Alain » Wed Mar 28, 2001 8:39 pm

Hi Chrissy, I can just agree with Stacey Blue Bay Getaway in nicier than the blue bay club. But as you told you are with kids. Well in that case Blue bay Club is not the place to be (no beaches) I can suggest you to go to Vista Playa de Oro, a quiet hotel very clean, kids facilities . The people there are great. Second choice Holiday Inn , a bit more expensive but with a large pool and a very nice large beach.
Enjoy your stay In Puerto Vallarta
p.s. i stayed at all of those hotels and really had fun... my choice (we have no kids) Blue Bay Getaway.......all the way