Holiday Inn

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sued
Holiday Inn

Post by sued » Sun Apr 08, 2001 12:16 am

We will be staying at the Holiday inn in May. Any current info on this hotel would be appreciated!!

Alain

Re:Holiday Inn

Post by Alain » Sun Apr 08, 2001 5:10 pm

Hi ,
I stayed at Holiday Inn few years ago, and i really enjoy this hotel. people are great, food is good , very nice pool, great beach. The only point is it's a bit far from downtown, u have to go by bus or cab too far for walking , but you are pretty close of the marina (beautiful place, great restaurants!)
For myself i prefer the BlueBay Getaway resort (closer from downtown), but Holiday Inn is a very good choice. Enjoy your stay in Puerto Vallarta

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 10, 2001 7:31 pm

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in April 2001 and was very pleased. Rooms are clean, nice swimming pool with a swim up bar and another bar in the middle of the pool (outside the water), and one of the best beach areas by far. I didn't do an all-inclusive, but many who did said the service was rather slow. I only noticed two waiters between the poolside and beach, and the one on the beach was running his butt off all the time. Quite a character! But tip well and I'm sure they'll take care of you. Feel free to write with any questions! Big, clean grocery store within three blocks as well as an ATM machine & bank. Crappy exchange rates at this hotel, so don't exchange money here if you can avoid it. I took my debit card with me and that worked out great!

LindyBee

Post by LindyBee » Tue Apr 10, 2001 7:56 pm

Thanks for you post, Becca. How many minutes by bus is this hotel from the center of the hotel zone and downtown area? How far is the bus stop from the hotel? Also, you mentioned a bank 3 blocks away...does that bank give a better rate than a casa de cambio (money exchange)?? please respond before 4/12. THANK YOU!!!!

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 11, 2001 3:21 pm

The Holiday Inn is located at the northernmost part of the hotel zone. It's about 15 minutes by bus from the Holiday Inn to downtown. The bus is very convenient, located at the end of the hotel driveway (one long block). I think most bus stops are within one block of all the hotels. Yes, the ATM's and banks give better exchange rates than the money exchanges. Personally, I think the ATM's are the way to go. You don't have to carry a lot of cash around with you, they're open 24 hrs a day, and by the time your transaction is registered the exchange rate will likely be even more favorable. Did you know you are going to be there during the busiest time of year (Semana Santa)? It won't be as busy after Easter, but you might see some special festivities the first few days you are there. Ask at your hotel if they know of any special activities going on downtown or in the area. Have a great trip!

LindyBee

Post by LindyBee » Wed Apr 11, 2001 4:48 pm

Thank you, Becca, for your prompt reply to my inquiry! This is my first trip to P.V. and I am eager to compare it to Acapulco (my current favorite Mexican beach resort). : )

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sun May 27, 2001 3:25 pm

Just so you don't forget it, visit their site at:

http://www.holidayinnpvr.com

Kind regards

Mogens Gallard
Site Admin