Velas Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ineedabreak
Velas Vallarta

Post by ineedabreak » Sat Apr 14, 2001 6:53 pm

We're leaving for Velas Vallarta in 6 days (and counting)! Can anyone tell me what to expect? We have a studio room. What is the atmosphere like? We're staying all inclusive, what's the food like??

valslp

Re:Velas Vallarta

Post by valslp » Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:01 pm

We stayed at "VV" last week and had a very pleasant experience. We were in a 2 BR suite, so I'm not sure what a studio is like. The food is good--I recommend the ocean-side cafe over the "Andrea" restaurant. We had TERRIBLE service and a mediocre dinner at Andrea--over 2 hours all in all. They have a good breakfast buffet, though. Try a Miami Vice to drink. They have a burger/hot dog stand at lunchtime that's good. Our room was cleaned every day, including our dishes being washed. My only complaint about the room itself was the little ants that crawled on the counter. It's very easy to catch a taxi from the hotel. The marina is easily within walking distance. Beware of the timeshare pitch--they usually try to get you to listen to their shpeel the morning after you arrive. Definitely do the Rhythms of the Night cruise and maybe the Fiesta Mexicana. The pool is beautiful, but getting a chaise lounge can be a problem. Enjoy--wish I was still there!

valslp

Post by valslp » Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:01 pm

We stayed at "VV" last week and had a very pleasant experience. We were in a 2 BR suite, so I'm not sure what a studio is like. The food is good--I recommend the ocean-side cafe over the "Andrea" restaurant. We had TERRIBLE service and a mediocre dinner at Andrea--over 2 hours all in all. They have a good breakfast buffet, though. Try a Miami Vice to drink. They have a burger/hot dog stand at lunchtime that's good. Our room was cleaned every day, including our dishes being washed. My only complaint about the room itself was the little ants that crawled on the counter. It's very easy to catch a taxi from the hotel. The marina is easily within walking distance. Beware of the timeshare pitch--they usually try to get you to listen to their shpeel the morning after you arrive. Definitely do the Rhythms of the Night cruise and maybe the Fiesta Mexicana. The pool is beautiful, but getting a chaise lounge can be a problem. Enjoy--wish I was still there!

Ginny

Post by Ginny » Thu Apr 19, 2001 3:52 pm

ineedabreak (Apr 14, 2001 01:53 p.m.):
We're leaving for Velas Vallarta in 6 days (and counting)! Can anyone tell me what to expect? We have a studio room. What is the atmosphere like? We're staying all inclusive, what's the food like??

We just returned from 3 months at the Velas Vallarta. It depends upon what you are paying. We would not go all-inclusive. The menu is the same, it does not change and they charge extra for the better dishes. But the food is OK. However, the Marina is within walking distance and there are very good restruants there.

I don't know how important your room is to you, but the "Studio" is a small room facing the outside of the building. You have no view unless you go outside your room.

Other than that, you will love the Velas and the Marina area. We are returning next year.

Any further questions, pleas ask.

powderfan

Post by powderfan » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:39 pm

We will also be staying at Velas Vallarta next week in a studio room. Do you know if the studio has a kitchen?