Allegro Neuvo Vallarta - Comments? Concerns?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Tom_n_Sehri
Allegro Neuvo Vallarta - Comments? Concerns?

Post by Tom_n_Sehri » Mon May 21, 2001 6:10 am

My wife are going to Mexico! - for the first time!
Will be staying at the Allegro in N.V. but don't know what to expect... Any advice from sage travellers are well appreciated!
THNX

Maureen

Re:Allegro Neuvo Vallarta - Comments? Concerns?

Post by Maureen » Thu May 24, 2001 4:56 am

Our family stayed here last July and had a great time-friendly staff-great service. The two restaurants have first class food but as an A/I you only get to eat at each once per week. The pool is heated and was crowded in July.There is a mall within a five minute walk. It is a far ways from town. Nightly entertainment was top notch.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu May 24, 2001 6:23 pm

Have never heard anything negative about this place, but I always try to make a point of letting people know who are staying in Nuevo that you are a long way north from PV proper. Most travel agencies kinda neglect to mention that fact, so most people who stay there don't realize that they have to take a shuttle, taxi or bus into town when they want to go.

Nuevo is designed as an inclusive village of sorts, with amenities available to you there.....but they are more expensive than coming into town. Besides, you want to come downtown to see the galleries, shops, restaurants and churches, and to people watch on the Malecon on Sunday nights. Those are some of the best things about PV.

As a first timer, I also recommend you check out this website as well for pointers and tips:

www.todopv.com

Enjoy your holiday, and enjoy Mexico! PV is a real treat.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Thu May 24, 2001 7:22 pm

Was in Nuevo in April. "window Shopped" the Allegro. Beautiful grounds; well kept. The lobby is the nicest I saw of any of the resorts in the Nuevo area. HUGE pool. Has it's own outdoor (but covered) theatre behind the lobby area. Dining room looked great - just took a walk-around so not familiar with all the facilities. There's a little mall about a 5-10 minute walk from the Allegro (Paradise Village Plaza) - bank machines there, couple of restaurants and some shops. DO haggle in the shops as they WILL negotiate price.

Ask the staff at Allegro for the location of the bus stop - think it's about a 5-min. walk north of the Allegro - for the bus into PV (costs 10 pesos/ea. each way).

Do check out the ToDo forum but be prepared to be chastized for staying at an AI....just my personal opinion.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Thu May 24, 2001 7:25 pm

In my prior posting I neglected to mention the bus ride into the City takes about 25 minutes. You can get a cab (abt. $30 Cdn.) but take the bus; it's a hoot! Think the drivers go through a clutch each trip and they'll have the music cranked up for you. On the way back, get the bus marked NUEVO across the street from the Sheraton hotel. There's a stop about a 5-min. walk from the Allegro. Enjoy!

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu May 24, 2001 7:56 pm

Bob (May 24, 2001 02:22 p.m.):

Do check out the ToDo forum but be prepared to be chastized for staying at an AI....just my personal opinion.
What I was actually referring to Bob, was for the poster to surf the website itself, not the forum, as the site has a lot of great tips for the first time traveler, such as what to expect going through customs, money issues, ATM's, language, water, voltages for appliances, etc.

It's entirely up to them if they want to surf the forum.......we welcome all. Sure, sometimes there are differing opinions, and sometimes people are in the minority, but ALL opinions are welcomed. That's what makes it great - anyone who visits it gets a diversity of information and opinions.

If you have somehow felt as though you were being chastised for your choice to stay A/I, then on behalf of the board administrator, I apologize for that. It was not the intention. Some posters are better at getting their message across than others, and sometimes the intonation of a typed message comes out wrong, but the overall view of that forum is that if you choose to stay A/I, then make sure you get out of the resort now and again to see all the great things that PV has to offer.....and it does have a lot to offer, don't you agree?