Just got back - Allegro Neuvo Vallarta

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

brneyz
Just got back - Allegro Neuvo Vallarta

Post by brneyz » Wed May 30, 2001 1:49 pm

We just got back from staying at Allegro Neuvo Vallarta. It was WONDERFUL! The grounds were very beautiful, the services were excellent and we were very pleased! There is an outdoor theater there that offers nightly entertainment. The food was very good. They also offer a snack bar with hamburgers/hotdogs.

Really the only the thing that you should be aware of is being "hounded" by timeshare people. We never took any tours because we are not interested in time share. They try to schedule appointments for you immediately upon your arrival. Just beware!

There is a really nice shopping mall about a block down from the Allegro. It is very nice! Some people thought it was more expensive, but the items I purchased I didn't think so.

You'll have a wonderful time staying at the Allegro!

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Just got back - Allegro Neuvo Vallarta

Post by bsimpson » Wed May 30, 2001 5:30 pm

Couldn't agree with you more regarding the timeshare vultures at the Allegro. My wife & I stayed at the Grand & Club Marival in April (just up the road - absolutely no evidence of timeshare people on the property) and while taking a bike ride to the Paradise Village Plaza, decided to "window shop" the layout of the Allegro. Beautiful-looking facilities. In order to have a look around, they made us go to the booth by the elevators where the sharks hang out. They got us Visitor badges which we had to hand in after our walk-around. THEN they descended like bloody locusts! Offered a free beach bag, bottles of tequila, etc. Their attitudes took on a more sinister nature the more we said no.

Maybe if more people wrote the management of the PV Allegro indicating when paying thousands of $ for a holiday, they don't expect to be 'hawked at' by these beggars, maybe they'd do something about it. Best case would be if some folks wrote the management they wanted to stay there, BUT after hearing some of the timeshare vulture horror stories, they'll stay somewhere else!

Just my humble experience/two cents....