PV

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Baddie
PV

Post by Baddie » Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:54 am

Mexoco just sucks. Im from BC Canada and we have some scenery!!!. Sorry but Puerta VAllarta is a holiday spot for people who don't know any better. Sorry, but you guys suck for scenery BIG TIME!!!! I would not be so P.O.'d but I spent big time money on my holiday and it would be nice to see some restitution at least in the form of future loss for you.

bzy1

Re:PV

Post by bzy1 » Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:42 pm

I guess you didn't see the Sierra Madres, the incredible foliage, bouganvillias growing every where, the smell of tropical fruits and flowers. Did you notice the incredible sunsets over the bay where the blazing sun slowly sinks into the ocean causing a rainbow of colors in the evening sky? Maybe the river cutting through town, the whitewashed houses with red tile roofs passed you by. I bet you didn't go and see the waterfalls and swim in their pools. The cliffs abouve the bay on the south side are gorgeous, and the waves crashing on the rocks are music to my ears. I bet you missed jumping on the white sand beach and seeing little flecks of silver and gold dance on the edge of the water, at night by the moon it's mesmerizing. I can't believe you missed the malecon and the wonderful bronze sculptures lining the boardwalk, or the multitude of art galleries for you to explore. I see you didn't visit the Church, or the museum on the Rio Cuale, or travel around on that romantic little island. I'm sorry you missed Marietas Island where the water is clear and the tropical fish pose for pictures, and the bird sanctuary abouve. It's too bad you didn't notice the variety of architecture that abounds, from traditional haciendas to elaborate 15 bedroom, 17 bath, 2+ million dollar dream homes with cupolas that rival any church in the US or Canada...many built from hand without the use of bulldozers, cranes, and modern machinery.
If you trecked a bit north and walked through the jungle, I bet you would have seen huge iguanas, spider monkeys, and tropical birds.
Did you see the ocean? Did you see the jungles?

Sometimes, if we go someplace with the mindset "I just not going to like it"- well, you won't. Maybe it's not the place, maybe it's the person. BC is very lovely by the way, but I'll take PV and all it's glory hands down.

PACO

Post by PACO » Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:43 pm

You obviously must have had a real bad time and don't travel out of your own country very often to make such a general and ignorant statement as "Mexico sucks" due to lack of scenery.
While Canada does have its natural beauty no doubt, I have been to Cancun, Cozumel, Playacar, Acapulco and most recently to Puerto Vallarta and found each of these areas quite beautiful and different, especially the lush and tropical city of PV where you have mountains, waterfalls, rivers, beaches, great cuisine and some of the best ocean sunsets!
Perhaps you need to better research your holiday destinations in the future as to not be disappointed. Better yet just stay home and admired your own scenery!

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Thu Jun 14, 2001 3:09 pm

Would you by any chance be the same person (from B.C.) that wrote of your disappointment about your holiday on the peurtovallarta.net bulletin board in the past 48 hours? Sounded like your frustration was more with the choice of hotel (BBG) than PV.

Regardless, per another poster, that was an extremely ignorant comment regarding PV. While agreeing B.C. has it's share of beautiful scenery, it's not the be-all-to-end-all.....if you thought so, why did you travel?

You've unfortunately missed the whole point of learning something new about another country's culture, way of life and actually looking for the beauty which does exist outside your own backyard.

Travel isn't about "How does this place stack up against where I came from?" Oh well, ignorance is definitely bliss!

chynacat

Post by chynacat » Thu Jun 14, 2001 3:18 pm

And obviously you know better? You can't even spell Mexico! ha ha