Crown Paradise

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CubFan
Crown Paradise

Post by CubFan » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:43 pm

Just returned home from a 4 day 3 night stay at the CP. Can't say enough of the friendly staff. Very nice place to stay, only mistake I made was not staying for 7 days.

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Crown Paradise

Post by luvthis » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:22 pm

Boy oh boy...you may find yourself becoming part of the "multi-time" repeaters to the Crown Paradise. Once you've experienced staying there, it tends to get in your blood. As I'm sure you noticed, there are several of us that can't speak highly enough about the property, the staff, the location, the food, the drinks, and on & on & on. Oh ya...and Ana Ramirez who oversees everything in a very efficient, friendly & complete way. We love it there & can hardly wait to return for our 5th stay in 6 years, next month. One year Bob & I were able to spend 10 days there. That was perfect. To us 7 days isn't enough. If you stayed less than that, you must really be wanting for more time there. Post a complete trip report for us. We always enjoy reading about other vacationers experiences, as I assume Chuck & Kay, & mhahn, & other Crown Paradise Repeaters do too.

fbob

Post by fbob » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:34 am

Oh Yeah

As a repeat offender of the Crown (4) I can only say that every year we start off looking at other properties only to rebook at the Crown . Why take a chance and stay where the service , staff and resort (food and drinks) do not compare ,I have noticed the Crown gets consistent great reviews on this board and for good reason . Avacation costs a lot of pesos and we as Im sure everyone else does ,work hard for our pesos and at the Crown we get what we pay for. 196 days and counting.

mhahn

Post by mhahn » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:16 am

Yeah Team, another CP happy camper!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:46 am

Nine times and counting, just waiting for another really good deal out of STL and we'll be back there again. I'm so bad I check the listings every other day for great prices.

FBOB

Post by FBOB » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:22 pm

WE OUGHTA GET OUR OWN THREAD . ON THIS BOARD

CALL IT REPEAT OFFENDERS OF THE CROWN PARADISE RESORT

Care

Post by Care » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:52 am

This place sounds really great. Could you tell me more about specific location. I found it on the web and it says hotel zone but how far is it from downtown and old town.
We have been looking at locations in old town but have heard nothing but great comments about the Crown. Thanks for any more details, especially location.

mhahn

Post by mhahn » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:21 am

The CP is located adjacent to the Marina where the Cruise Ships dock and most of all the tour boats and party boats depart from. It is a farily short bus ride to the downtown, malecon, and "old town" area. To get to old town stay on the bus until it stops to turn around. The bus drivers are pretty good about advising you if you ask where to get off. A taxi to the areas you mentioned is between $2.50 and $3.00. The CP is located at the beginning of the hotel zone, after the Marina area. It is a short ride from the airport. I personally think the CP has a better beach area than any of the hotels in old town (especialy since the hurricane) Old town hotels that are beach front have hardly any beach left, and alot of rocks on shore at least as of May 2003 (our last trip) Yes, old town and downtown have a different atmosphere lodging wise, it just depends what you are interested in. If you want to stay at a resort with very nice amenities, staff, beach and a short distance to traditional Vallarta, the CP is for you.

You will receive other replies to your inquiry, I hope mine helps you some.

Oh, the bus stop is a very short walk from the resort. I do suggest taking a taxi back from downtown ($2.50) because the bus comes back on the other side of a 4 lane "highway" which I feel getting accross is like dodging speeding bullets. OK, all you dedicated CP fans, don't laugh too hard, I am over 50, in "fairly good shape" but crossing that highwway can take time and NERVES of steel! The so called cross walks, are just that, "so called"!

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by luvthis » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:46 pm

Ah...Bob & will be back at the Crown Paradise for our 5th visit on September 28th! Tick tock...tick tock. This hotel is only a short drive from the airport & pretty close to the local "Sam's Club", if that's your thing. I agree with mhahn about trying to cross the 4 lane road. Boy...Bob & I thought Chicago drivers were wild but they can't hold a torch to Puerto Vallarta cabbies, bus drivers, and locals. The bus is quite an experience, as long as you keep in mind that they are not air conditioned (of course, neither are the taxi's), predominantly locals ride them. The buss driver will slow down to let you on & off, but he will keep rolling so be prepared. Taxi fare to the malecon is like mhahn said (about $3 each way per cab, not per person). They're everywhere, so you won't have any problem flagging one down. We like the fact that the Crown is within walking distance of the ship terminal (where most of the boat tours leave from). It's also great if you enjoy watching the huge cruise ships come & go. There is a nice local strip of stores just to the other side of the hotel next door (Playa de Oro) that you can get a lot of your souvenirs at. There is also a very small group of native huts, selling their goods, just to the left of the Crown on the beach. The beach is great for walking, & shopping & enjoying. Don't be scared off by the vendors on the beach. They are everywhere & they want you to look at their stuff. However, if you firmly say you're not interested, they will politely move on (but another will be right on their heals). We have learned to accept & appreciate the vendors. Most of them live on next to nothing & they are just trying to make a living. Very friendly, hard working people. You will love it at the Crown Paradise. To us Bob & I indulge in paradise once a year by returning there. FYI! We are also in our low 50's, but believe me there are lots of couples in their 20's-40's, as well as many oldie moldies like us & even older, if you can believe that! Great mix of people from all over the world. Crown Paradise...here we come again!! --Jean & Bob

bret

Post by bret » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:18 pm

CP sounds great and inviting but really cant place it...and will take into consideration for my next visit early 2004, but I personally do not care for staying around the marina, airport, or NV areas--way, too commercial...prefer the other end of PV after staying at Fiesta Americana last October...Even at FA, I felt too removed and the area seemed to me as bland & commercial -- different from the tropical setting that I would like to be a part of while on vacation. So, we hardly spent any time at FA -except for late. Probably going to try the Mismaloya area next.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:32 pm

We will be spending our 6th trip to CP in Feb 2004, and yes Ana Ramirez and Nacho (the general manager) has seen to it that our trip will be fantastic as usual.... As you can see our handle is Mr. and Mrs. Crown Paradise... one of the activities staff (Danny) gave us that nickname after our second visit... and we have been knows as that ever since....

welcome to the family... we started with 7 days, then went to 10 days... and we are now in our mode of TWO full weeks (Feb 14th - 28th, 2004)...

We cannot say enough about the staff the property or the town of Puerto Vallarta.... once it gets into your blood, you can't say no.... We love the adults only atmosphere... and the ala carte dining... beats the heck out of buffets every day and night like they have at other resorts... and yes you still can get a bad meal at any of the three resturants, but you can get that here in the states too right... but you have to respect the staff and treat them as part of your vacation and your family, and you will get their utmost respect back, as well as some of the best service in all of Vallarta.....

We have see alot of the repeaters here on the bulletin board... and we hope that someday we will all meet in PV for the return guest night... hoist a glass in appreciation to our hosts.... and then toss down a few more at the beach bar, or the Factory Club after wards... LOL

Haste Luego....

Mr. and Mrs. Crown Paradise....