We head to PV & the Crown Paradise on Sunday

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
We head to PV & the Crown Paradise on Sunday

Post by luvthis » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:41 pm

Well...the days have ticked down & we can finally say we will arrive in Puerto Vallarta for our 5th stay at the Crown Paradise on Sunday, 9/28. Why does it seem to take forever for a vacation to come, but once you're there, time flies by and it's time to go home? Oh well...Bob & I are truly looking forward to our return to paradise. Unfortunately, our nephew (age 17) passed away on Sunday, 9/21 & his funeral is on Saturday, 9/27 (the day we head to our Park n Stay hotel at O'Hare Field). It is so sad to say "good-bye" to someone so young. We will remember him with love & pride for the way he lived his life. He grew up in a broken family, lived with Muscular Dystrophy, survived a heart transplant last Christmas, and yet he always projected an optimistic attitude and lived a positive life. So to Nicholas, our special nephew, we will say "good-bye" for now (until we meet again). Then, we'll head for the airport and our time together, as we celebrate 33 years of marriage. Death really reminds you to be thankful for each day of life and each moment shared with someone you love. What a gift life is!! Hola to all...Jean & Bob from Wisconsin P.S. We'll post a trip report upon our return.

honeybee

Re:We head to PV & the Crown Paradise on Sunda

Post by honeybee » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:26 pm

Jean, so sorry for your loss. It is always so sad and shocking when someone so young dies. Sheri (from Wisconsin also).......hope to see ya in Madisson?

luvthis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by luvthis » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:28 pm

Hi Honeybee, I've been watching the other board & all the Wisconsinites wanting to get together in Madison. Is the date still November 8th? Where did you finally decide to have this get together? Bob & I are kinda old (53 & 50) & are not big "party hearties". How old are all you guys? Sounds like a fun time. Thanks for your thoughtful response to my post. Best again...Jean

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:09 am

Jean and Bob so sorry to hear of your loss. I really have tried to say something profound but all I can come up with is I'm sorry. I guess it's begining to get a lilttle cold so heading down to PV will warm you up a little. Have a good time and post your report when you get back. Also, congrats on the 33 years of marriage, that is truly rare.
Chuck & Kay

mhahn

Post by mhahn » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:37 am

Jean and Bob,

You are already headed for PV, just read about your family loss, hope all the good memories comfort you. I am sure the good people at the CP will welcome you, do enjoy,a s you said enjoy each day.

honeybee

Post by honeybee » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:25 pm

luvthis (Sep 24, 2003 10:28 a.m.):
Hi Honeybee, I've been watching the other board & all the Wisconsinites wanting to get together in Madison. Is the date still November 8th? Where did you finally decide to have this get together? Bob & I are kinda old (53 & 50) & are not big "party hearties". How old are all you guys? Sounds like a fun time. Jean
Jean, sorry it took so long to answer your post, guess I missed you. I don't get here as much as over at Todo.
Yes, the get together is Nov 8 at Laredo's restaurant (East side ) I think at 7 pm. Several of us coming from out of town are staying at the Holiday Inn right next door to the restaurant.
As for age, I am 53, John is 57. Another couple going for sure are in their mid 50s. I don't know about all of them, but I don't think you have to worry about it getting too wild. Who knows, you might end up the youngsters in the group.
But age isn't too important when everyone shares the same love of PV.
Now if it was a cancun board you might have reason to worry, lol.
I hope you two choose to attend, it would be great to meet you.
Anyway, I hope you had a great trip and will post a report on the Todo board (and here) upon your return.
Sheri

honeybee

Bumping for Jean

Post by honeybee » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:15 pm

Hi Jean, glad you made it back OK and had a great trip. I DID answer your last Q to me re the Wisconsinites party but you had already gone....just wanted to make sure you saw it.
Sheri

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:51 pm

Lorrie and I feel for you loss... Granted we may have never met before... but once you become family thru the Crown Paradise, we all feel your pain.... We are from Iowa, and we will be heading back to CPR in Feb 2004 for two weeks.... Maybe someday you can meet us down there....

You have our thoughts and prayers.... we hope that you had a wonderful vacation and got the chance to relax and remember the good things that life brings as well as those things that are the "bumps" in the road.....