Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Karissa
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos

Post by Karissa » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:00 am

Has anyone stayed here recently? I was wondering if Building/Block #6 is completed?
What building would you guys recommend staying in?

Which pool is the activity pool?

Did any of you do the canopy tour or horseback riding?

Thanks

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Karissa, we found that we prefer building five at the adult only pool, as it is a little removed from the rest of the resort, it is about a 5 minute walk from the beach however. The activity pool is at the front center area of the resort adjacant to the Coco Loco bar...very active and a lot of fun in the daytime...sonofdob.

Meg_Dawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Meg_Dawg » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:13 am

Hey, I just back from the Royal Decameron and loved it.(Dec.24-30/05)

I didn't notice any construction going on at the resort so I'm assuming it has been finished, though I never checked.

I was in building 2, and loved it. I found it to be quite centered (it overlooks the busiest pool and bar), but also quiet at the same time. The view was also quite spectacular, without the immense noise of the waves to keep you awake at night as building 1 would have.

Some of the members in my party did horseback riding, and said it was nothing special. Our group wanted to do the canopy tour, but never got around to it. You should tell me how it goes if you decide to. I'm quite curious.

I definately am missing the activities staff, and the disco right now. :(

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:21 pm

The De Cameron is set in a beautiful setting. The food is good as are the rooms. I prefer the beach is this area to the one in town.
If one is looking for Lot of activities you will find them at the De Cameron from morning till middle of the night. I was not.
There is a quiet pool at the east end of the complex unfortunately we did not know about it till the end of vacation.
I would rather listen to the waves crashing onto the beach than listen to the Disco speakers go half the night.
I know the camp like atmosphere is great for the young adults and ones with little people.
It is good to have activities for them to keep them busy .
The east side of the complex is quiet in the day time but from 10pm? till middle of the night it is not.

There are 2 horseback riding outfitters that will ride by the Resort a few times a day. The cost is a reasonable 25.00 American.

Meg glad you had a good vacation .
Read your profile. Looks like you are from SK. .

Meg_Dawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Meg_Dawg » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:11 pm

flyawayplus4 wrote:Meg glad you had a good vacation .
Read your profile. Looks like you are from SK. .
Haha you're right. I am from Sk. You too? ..from the looks of your avatar..

Where in Sask are you?

Also, I totally forgot about how loud the disco would be to those in the surrounding buildings..though loud music doesn't bother me, seeing as I'm a youngster and partied all through my stay. :wink:

Karissa
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Royal Decameron-Arrival time

Post by Karissa » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:42 am

My plane is supposed to arrive at PVR airport at 8:30am, about what time would we expect to arrive at the hotel? Will they let us check in early??

thanks

Meg_Dawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Royal Decameron-Arrival time

Post by Meg_Dawg » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:53 am

Karissa wrote:My plane is supposed to arrive at PVR airport at 8:30am, about what time would we expect to arrive at the hotel? Will they let us check in early??

thanks

If you arrive on time, it should only take an hour at most to get to the hotel. The bus ride is quite quick, along with getting through customs. We were off the plane, through customs, and waiting for the bus outside within a half hour, I'm sure.

The workers at the hotel know when each bus arrives, and should have the checkin tent ready to go. You should be able to check in almost immediately after getting there...the only thing is.. your room may not be ready until early afternoon. we checked in at around 10:30am, and were informed that our room would not be ready until 2pm, so we changed in the bathrooms, and went to the pool with our carry-on luggage for a few hours. Your suitcases are left at the unloading bus area until you can get into your room, at which time we had to go to to unloading area and collect our suitcases. not the most organized of systems, but it seemed to work alright.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:21 pm

Karissa, it is as meg dawg states...you can check in but not likely you will get a room until the afternoon, although I did get a room that early once a few years ago. Either way you get your bracelet and you can have a bite to eat and head for one of the pools or beach or whatever. They do take care of your luggage for you though and come and get you when your room is ready if you let them know where you will be. Just make sure you have some beach wear in your carry on so you can change right away. Have fun ! sonofdob

mlroberts
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mlroberts » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:32 am

LUCKY YOU !! WE GET IN AT 11:23 pm!!! I think our room will be ready. It would be nice to see some of the resort but I guess we wait till the next day :cry: Where is the best plae for breakfast?

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:51 pm

I understand your frown on arriving late to your Resort. We seem to always get a flight that lands around 12:30 am and we get to our Resort around 1:30 am. One is too excited to sleep.
You will be able to walk around the grounds of the De Cameron even though it is late . With the night lights on and the cooler evening air it is quite lovely. There are a few beach bars open late where you could get a night cap pop or juice.
Here is a site with the Restaurants and hours .
http://www.decameron.com/Destinations/M ... n_pvr.html
The food is very good at the De Cameron and they offer a large variety.
Enjoy!

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:03 pm

mlroberts...you should be able to get a drink at the Fiesta Bar or the Bar Tetatzin until at least 01:00...both beach front...if your arrival is delayed however the disco is open until at least 03:00...you can get breakfast first thing next a.m. at any of the blocks, Flamingos, Topical or Royal...sonofdob.