Plazas las glorias? Anyone heard of this?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

katiefairbairn
PV Fan
PV Fan
Plazas las glorias? Anyone heard of this?

Post by katiefairbairn » Tue May 02, 2006 8:21 pm

That is where we are staying, just wondering about the area. Maybe I don't even have the name right.

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Tue May 02, 2006 8:30 pm

When I typed in the name it shows that it is in the South Hotel Zone which would place it just north of downtown. It says it has a pool and beach too.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Tue May 02, 2006 8:55 pm

The Plaza las Glorias that I stayed at, 10 years ago, was in the hotel zone- north side-. If this is the same place- it is very nice- good beach, pool area, rooms, etc. It is also in a large shopping complex.
I had a friend stay there the last 2 years and had nothing but good things to say about the place.
You can try 'trip advisor' for some idea of what you can expect-just remember that they are personal viewpoints.
it is quite central if you want to go downtown, visit the marina, bucerias, etc.

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Tue May 02, 2006 10:21 pm

delectdee wrote:The Plaza las Glorias that I stayed at, 10 years ago, was in the hotel zone- north side-. If this is the same place- it is very nice- good beach, pool area, rooms, etc. It is also in a large shopping complex.
I had a friend stay there the last 2 years and had nothing but good things to say about the place.
You can try 'trip advisor' for some idea of what you can expect-just remember that they are personal viewpoints.
it is quite central if you want to go downtown, visit the marina, bucerias, etc.
Sounds like the place I found, but the map that was on the link came up as South Hotel Zone. It is just north of the sports stadium, which would put it out by the Sun Getaway, and south of places like Las Palmas, and Mr. Crowns favorite GCP.

hoolia
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Plaza Los Glorias

Post by hoolia » Wed May 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Isn't this part of Hotel Peliconos now? Los Glorias was hit hard by the Hurricane lots of work done and looks nice now. The beach is still a bit smaller than it was but getting better. We have stayed here when it was Los Glorias and own a timeshare at Los Tules, just a short walk down the beach. I think you will enjoy your time, have fun.

katiefairbairn
PV Fan
PV Fan

Thank guys

Post by katiefairbairn » Wed May 03, 2006 5:08 pm

We are staing in afriends condo by plazas las glorias, but they said that area didi get hit hard, and it is by the pelicanos, I remember them saying that. So it sounds like this is a good area. Is the weather ok this time of year.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed May 03, 2006 6:01 pm

There are condos in the area where Plaza Las Glorias is/was.
I believe it is now called Canto Del Sol. It and Pelicanos are right there in the same area and I can never remember which one is which.

quote:

Canto del Sol Plaza Vallarta has a privileged location right in the heart of the hotel zone and close to all the major attractions that Puerto Vallarta has to offer. Only 5 minutes from the traditional “Malecon” and 10 minutes from the International Airport.

It is in Plaza Vallarta which used to be called Villas Vallarta. That area has all been refurbished since Kenna. The beach is small but that area never had a big beach. It is in a good location, close to everything. Hope this helps.

hoolia
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Thank guys

Post by hoolia » Wed May 03, 2006 7:27 pm

katiefairbairn wrote:We are staing in afriends condo by plazas las glorias, but they said that area didi get hit hard, and it is by the pelicanos, I remember them saying that. So it sounds like this is a good area. Is the weather ok this time of year.
Maybe I missed it........when are you going?

katiefairbairn
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by katiefairbairn » Thu May 04, 2006 5:42 pm

We are going May23-31. And all the information you guys have given has been helpful. I'm just one of those travelers who wants to know as much about the area s possible before I go there. It drives my fiancee crazy!!

hoolia
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Weather

Post by hoolia » Thu May 04, 2006 5:48 pm

[quote="katiefairbairn"]We are going May23-31. And all the information you guys have given has been helpful. I'm just one of those travelers who wants to know as much about the area s possible before I go there. It drives my fiancee crazy!![/quote

Beautiful time of year, warm and sunny probably in the 80's, you may even experience some rain, but it is awesome. We are going in 5 days and then again in October. You will have a wonderful time, relax and enjoy!

lin7604
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lin7604 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Plaza las Gloris is now called hotel pelicano's beach resort and i was there for 1 week in Jan. It is right inbetween the Las PAlmas and the Canto del sol on the hotel zone. This resort is great with 4 pools, 2 a la carte rest, 2 buffets, 2 snack bars. I stayed in section 1 and was absolutely happy with the location. The food was good, a little repeative but what AL isn't. I would go back anytime, we loved the place. It is not a fancy place but if you like a mexician charm and a relaxing atmosphere then you will love it.

petitgirl69
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Plazas las glorias? Anyone heard of this?

Post by petitgirl69 » Thu May 25, 2006 4:52 pm

katiefairbairn wrote:That is where we are staying, just wondering about the area. Maybe I don't even have the name right.

Hello!
It seems that you are a little confused Plaza las Glorias hotel is Now PLAZA PELICANOS HOTEL but is the same hotel they change the name , las glorias is the name of the beach in that area and Plaza las Glorias used to be the name of the shopping center there that now in name Villas Vallarta, That was the first Shopping Center in PV, is located on the north-center side, between Las Palmas beach and Sheraton Hotel. After the tidle waves that huracan kena brougth to PV Las Glorias was one of the must affected areas it got totally destroyed but, is ok now, that area is not as busy it useed to be because they moved the big grocery store that used to be there but still a nice area to do shopping you are 5 min from downtown 10 min from marina area. It is here where you can catch the buses that go to the south of the bay or north towards sayulita.
I hope this is helpful
Peace,
Petit Girl