Vallarat Nov 2007 Part 4

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Vallarat Nov 2007 Part 4

Post by chance » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:46 pm

Day 8 29C 84F Sunny
Well a bit of a temperature drop today and last night was a little cooler to not what we have been accustomed to. Off to the beach by Playa Los Arcos for the day it still disturbs me with the amount of garbage on the beach and it does wash up there by it self just my thought. This morning checked out a little place for breakfast and I forgot to write down the name of its just before the Ley’s grocer store they have a gentle men playing the xylophone well we have breakfast bacon eggs juice coffee toast all very good and a nice change from the resort. Kyla said if I get anymore relaxed I am going to slip in to a coma
I enjoyed doing nothing today just drinking my beer and reading my book which has been the first time since we got here.

Time for dinner this place was recommended to us Rio Grande again by Ley’s just across the street on the ocean side for 550 peso the sea food platter 2 lobsters 2 whitefish shish kabobs 10 tigger prawns oyster’s Rockefeller shrimp to many to count and grilled red snapper vegetables and rice with drinks 690 peso’s when they brought it to the table we said we will never finish this it was so good all that remained was the shell of the snapper I would definitely do this place if you are going down can’t go wrong. Good food prices service ambience. After a meal like that a walk down the Malcon is in order a long walk. We end up at Salsa Mexican again
It seems to be a nightly thing with us just seem to like it. They have a parrot there named pawncheto if you catch him in the right mood he will repeat what you say to him it’s funny to have him sit on your shoulder and have him repeat what you are talking about he even repeats laughter. As the evening where’s on this gentleman I’ll use that term shows up at a opening just where we happen to be sitting. He has a bleach bottle with stick’s tied to it with a couple of spoons stuck in the for cymbals. Well he goes off beating this thing with another stick there is no tomorrow no tune no nothing just beating the crap out of it this goes on for about a minute the owner is ticked by now but before he gets run off
He runs up to us and wants 70 pesos for the show. Runs out another door wanting his money grabs his stuff and runs off. Unknown to us they had called to local polica they talk to the owner and leave. Does this gentle men show up again wanting his money but the price has gone up for the entertainment value I guess 100 Peso’s. Again the Locals show up much faster this time they move us away from the door he’s off again. Persistence is a virtue to this man a third time. No lucky this time they are laying in wait for him this time. Felt sorry for him but the owner told us that he causes a lot of problems for the local customs up and down the street. For our trouble which there was not two tequila’s for us. We sit and talk people watch till close back to the resort and call this one over.

Day 10 32C 89F Sunny
Can’t tell you where day 9 went but I’m pretty sure it involved the beach beer sun.
I think we have been lucky with the weather so far or maybe this is the norm this is are first time down at this time of the year. Off to Wal-Mart not something I want to do I hate buying gas but I said I would buy some Cuban cigars for a friend and I was told to go to Wal-Mart. I ask the bellman how far of a walk from the Canto to Wal-Mart he said about 10 minutes 10 my butt 25minutes we round the corner and there it is. So I go to the greeter
Who speaks good English he helps me out but not before I have to here the timeshare bs
I think time sharing is a sport down here after 5 minutes of that I get to the cigars do they have the kind he wants nope. Grab some water cross the street to the ocean side and haul it back to the resort. After that just beach beer and sun.

Tonight we made reservations to La Palapa told it was expensive but good and we wanted a treat of a beach meal as well. The only good thing I have to say about this place is the pictures on the wall that show PV from 1950 to now and it’s on the way to the bano. It’s hit and miss my appetizer was good Kyla’s was terrible. Main course I had lobster over cooked and cold Kyla’s was good hit and miss. Waiter rude there were a few people not many we had to wait for are drinks. Total bill 1360 peso’s I gave 1400 when he came to get the cash he counted it right in front of us like we are going to rip him off.
I told him that was rude and he shushed me. In the end he said 40 peso tip I said I tip for what I get and I didn’t get much we got up and left. When in PV want a romantic meal
Avoid this place you will be glad you did. Pissed was not the word.

A few blocks away we hit upon Andale’s coincidence think not it’s going pretty good so on in we go after a few beers life is better now a Alice song and the world is alright again We don’t stay late midnight cab it back and call it a day.

Day 11 29C 84F Sunny with cloudy periods
Another cool day bit it looks like the cloud will burn off. Just another sit around and do nothing day that’s what vacations are for. This morning its off to Fredy’s Tucan for
the morning meal. Was impressed very good a nice place that goes on the list of places to eat for the morning meals. Well off for another day of beer beach and sun plus I’m half way through my book Ive never finished a book down here ever. Today we walk all the way back to the resort as most days are lazy and talk a cab. We crash fro a couple of hours we go down stairs and grab a drink we really have not spent a lot of time here at the Canto del Sol. Meet some people from Calgary here they are JOP’s (Just Off the Plane) and white as white give them some advice place to go things to do and see up stairs shower then off for dinner.

Dinner
Patty at the Pacifica Grill has opened her place for the up and coming season. Can’t say enough about this place. Ribs soup salad (very large) vegetables garlic bread for 180 peso’s. Service there is great I think she prides here self on the food and the service that you get if you get a chance go. We are getting so spoiled with good service it’s going to be hard to adjust when we return. Walk down the Malecon to a Cuban restaurant bar sorry I cant even spell it anyway lucky to get a table over looking the Malecon. Just sit there and talk watch the evening go by then it pops in my head that we have to leave in four days. Walk down to are local haunt greeted with there hospitality. A short night cap
And another one over.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:06 pm

I'm enjoying your reports. The "musician" incident sounds like an experience! Makes for a great story though.

Joyce

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Vallarat Nov 2007 Part 4

Post by tandr2 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:12 pm

chance wrote: the Pacifica Grill has opened her place for the up and coming season. Can’t say enough about this place. Ribs soup salad (very large) vegetables garlic bread for 180 peso’s. Service there is great I think she prides here self on the food and the service that you get if you get a chance go.
Where is this place? Thanks for the report!

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:52 pm

the Cuban place your thinking of is most likely La Bodeguita del Medio...sonofdob

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by chance » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:39 pm

Thanks I just couldn't spell it but yes that was the place. As for the Pacifica Grill its on Basilio Badillo and about a block and a half east of Olas Atlas.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:10 pm

The breakfast place where the gentlemen play the xylophone is called Cesare's. I agree, a good place for breakfast.

riderprider
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by riderprider » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:53 am

These reports are gooood