Vallarta November 2007 Part 5

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Vallarta November 2007 Part 5

Post by chance » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:52 am

Day 12 30C 86F Sunny with cloudy periods cloud burns off around noon.
What can I say another great day. I don’t’ think that I could get boarded down here I might get sick off beer (NOT). Off to a little shopping today just need some t-shirts socks
As we are pretty well done. Could have sent them out to be cleaned but I think someone needs an excuse to go shopping. I hate shopping but I do my part and go along. It’s a nice morning to walk down as there is a bit of a breeze spend a couple of hours doing that then walk back to the resort goods in hand and a few other things than clothes I knew there was a reason. Pack up for the day and walk back downtown take the back streets again. It seems you can walk the same street think that you know it but then you see something that you have totally missed. Today not really into the book thing just more people watching than anything.

Dinner Si Senior Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez
Well very nice place you have a choice where you would like to sit on the balcony street side the A/C room or the terraces in the back I recommended the terraces. It’s like you are eating in the jungle lush green. We had guacamole made fresh right at you table tonight was lobster tacos with rellenos (pepper stuffed with shrimp). Other that La palapa
we have not had bad service yet spoiled, it’s costing a small fortune in tips but they work for it and don’t make much so it’s a small price to pay Cost 530 peso’s not including drinks or tips. Very well worth it the food and ambience was great. Wonder off down the Malecon to the river then back to are haunt which is about a 40 minute walk I’ve never done so much walking as I have done this time down here. Get to Salsa Mexicana are welcomed I think they expect us every evening now. Have the usual just sitting here that little voice telling me again that I have to leave in two days its starting to sink in for us both and it sucks. Grab a cab and off for a early night.

Day 13 31C 88F Sunny with cloud periods.
Pretty well a do nothing day.

Dinner
This is not a good one and some people here may feel that I am wrong but I am going to do it anyway.
Pipi’s big disappointment I’d heard a lot about this place from the forum and decided to check it out. Didn’t’ like the ambience it felt like a Chucky Cheese for adults I do agree the drinks are large as the food portions good thing we split a meal between the two of us the food was good, but it was very noisy and a get you in get you out kind of place and it was not even busy. I won’t be returning I know that this is a favorite place for some but not for us.
Tonight is the art walk that we were told about so we spend about a couple of hours visiting around 20 galleries there are some very talented people that live down here. Prices ranged from reasonable to you have got to be kidding. Back to the resort we check out a place called Blake’s sport bar just around the corner from the Canto have free internet if you are a customer we have a few and go back the resort and sit in the lounge.

Day 14 High 31C 88F Sunny
As we get set for are last full day, today will be spent on the beach just some sun and a few beers and a slow reminder that we have to leave tomorrow hopefully I can finish my book but I’m not holding out to much hope for this one. Leave the beach early and go for a walk through the markets again trying to get the last fix in till we come again.

Dinner
Something different tonight we had heard about this place too before so we decide to check it out Joe Jacks Fish Shack quite nice the food was good the service was great sat up on the terrace. After dinner off the Andale’s for one last shot it’s calm in there right now but it is still early. We walk all the way down to Salsa Mexican about a good 30 minute walk. Have a few say are good by’s. It’s a rotten feeling knowing that you have to leave you get all comfortable develop a routine but all good things must come to a end.

Day 15 High 35C 95F Sunny
Get up shower and start to pack as check out time is at 11:00. It’s quite packing not a lot of talking PV withdrawal has set in early as I think to myself what’s it going to be like when we get home if withdrawal has started this early. Check out was a breeze no problem we did it early about 10:30 to avoid the rush the rush that never came. Well all that can be done now is to sit at the bar and wait to go to the airport. The time has come go gather are bags I always ask the doorman the price to the airport as the price may have changed 60 peso’s he gets a cab I ask the driver how much he wants 100 peso’s in the end it was 60 peso’s get to the airport and all I have are 100 peso notes so he got what he wanted in the end. Check in upstairs through security off to the bar and hurry up and wait. The one thing that I am glad to see is that they are expanding the Airport I think it has been a long time coming. They call are flight another one over.

Tomorrow a summary of the weather restaurants and the resort the Canto del Sol

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:01 pm

thanks for the reports chance...it's never easy going home...will be watching for the summary...sonofdob.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Thank you so very much...we are back to the CDS in 18 days...now I really can't wait! The kids are starting to get excited too...my son tells me every morning how many days til we leave..

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Vallarta November 2007 Conclusion

Post by chance » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 pm