Vallarta November 2007 Conclusion

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Vallarta November 2007 Conclusion

Post by chance » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:19 pm

Weather Oct 27 thru Nov 10th
Day 1 Arrival Early evening very humid
Day 2 32C 90F sunny
Day 3 33C 91F sunny
Day 4 32C 90F sunny some thin clouds
Day 5 33C 91F sunny humid
Day 6 35C 95F sunny very humid
Day 7 34C 93F sunny
Day 8 29C 84F sunny
Day 9 30C 86F sunny
Day 10 32C 89F sunny
Day 11 29C 84F sunny with cloudy periods
Day 12 30C 86F sunny with cloudy periods
Day 13 31C 88F sunny with cloudy periods
Day 14 31C 88F sunny
Day 15 35C 95F sunny
I can’t tell you how pleased we were with the weather we didn’t have a bad day at all and the days with cloudy periods most of the cloud had burned off by early afternoon so you usually had a full afternoon of sunshine. Most evenings it cooled off but it was still
t-shirts and shorts.

Canto del Sol Resort.
As resorts go it was fine the rooms were clean the resort it self was clean. Unfortunately for us are room was behind the kitchen so when you came back for the evening you didn’t want to sit on the balcony because of the smell. We didn’t change are room because we were seldom there. As for AI or not AI I guess it depends on the person.
We did AI just because we had friends that came down AI was the way go.
Are second week down I think we ate breakfast in the hotel twice. My only complaint about the hotel was the food we didn’t find it very good and I should clarify that was only the evening meals we didn’t make reservation for the other restaurant in the resort so I can’t comment on it. When we come down to PV we don’t due AI due to the amount of places that there are to eat and we try every time to go to different restaurants that we have never been to before. If you are going down to the Canto any time soon please note that they are renovating the south side of the hotel i.e. redoing the rooms so there is some jack hammer noise some dust but when the music starts and the pool activities start you won’t even notice that they are doing anything its just in the morning that you notice it.
If you are people that like to be active and do things i.e. go down town go out at night
be prepared to walk a lot as it is a twenty minute walk just to the beginning of downtown.
If not it’s 60 peso’s downtown and back again six bucks is not much but do it every day some days twice a day it adds up real quick. If you are resort people that don’t go downtown very much and like to hang at the resort then you will like the Canto like I said it’s comfortable and it’s clean.

Eating Out.

Having a evening meal in PV does not have to be expensive this trip down we have had a wide varity of place’s to eat we have gone from 50 peso meals with beers to 1400 peso meals depending on what you are looking for. Most places that you walk by will have there menu displayed so you can see what they have to offer. Don’t be fooled by appearance either some places may look iffy but they make up for it in food taste portions and service. If you are unsure ask people where you are staying most go out once or twice for a meal and if they liked it they will tell you. Another thing to do is find a dining guide
Ares’ was in the room so we used it a few times..

All in short it was a great two weeks. As of today we are booking the next trip down in February. And for all the people going down for the first time or repeaters enjoy we did.

Chance

Winnipeg gal 1
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Winnipeg gal 1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:30 pm

I enjoyed reading your trip report.Thanks for sharing your holiday with us.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:46 pm

Thanks for taking the time to share your vacation with us..
:)
Good report

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:38 am

Thanks a bunch Chance! Loved your reports - glad to see the weather was nice to you as well. We are there in 18 days and can't wait! Glad to see the Canto treated you well and that you enjoyed it. Good to see they are doing some renovations...

18 days can't come fast enough... I don't even want to think that in 26 days we'll be back home :cry: I'll go for the positive..

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:48 am

Really liked reading the reports as well. Under 3 months to go till our vacation!!!

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:54 am

thanks chance...always nice to read another's report for a different perspective...interesting contrast between the first week that you spent with others in tow and then the second week after they left...where did you book for your Feb trip ? sonofdob.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:54 pm

DELETED

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Next trip

Post by chance » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:43 pm

For are3 next trip we are at the Buenaventure close to everything that we like to do and with the renovations its a much better place than it was before not saying it was bad lets say they improved a something that was already good to begin with

riderprider
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by riderprider » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:47 am

Thanks for sharing that-you sound like you had great time!