Back home in Iowa from the GCP - Part I

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru
Back home in Iowa from the GCP - Part I

Post by lojol60 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Part I

Fri. Nov. 16th – Drive up to Minneapolis after work dropping the dogs off at “puppy camp” on the way. Get to the hotel about 9:00. Crash about 11:30 pm. Talk about a short night......

Sat. Nov.17th - Up at 2:45 am to catch the 3:30 am shuttle to the HHH Airport. We were 6th in line. The gal checking us in was kind of grumpy and was having problems with our check in. Then we headed to security only to find out that I had been randomly selected for the “major pat down”. Oh, what a joy! Plane was scheduled to depart MSP at 6:00 am. We departed about 6:10 am. Had a pretty smooth flight. Arrived in PVR at 10:15. Our luggage was some of the first off the plane so we headed to customs as we were the first ones through. Got the green light so it was push our way through the time sharks and there sure were a lot of them. Got a taxi and arrived at the GCP by 10:45 am. We were happy to say the least. Had 4 bellmen for 3 pieces of luggage. Taxi driver was overwhelmed by everyone helping us. After several hugs and kisses and getting checked in and getting our bracelets and a cool wash cloth to wipe off our faces, it was off to the Pub Bar to see Polo for a cocktail. Then it was time to let everyone know we had arrived. We headed over to the Crown Paradise Club as well to see our family and friends. Then Mrs. Crown decided it was time to change so she went to put on her shorts only to find out that our room was ready so up to our room Jose Ramon and I go. We had room 2612. Beautiful Jacuzzi suite facing the ocean. Changed into my shorts and went to find Mr. Crown to let him know that the room was ready. Had a numero ocho. It was just as good as I remembered. Spent the rest of the afternoon around the pool and on the beach. Did go for a walk up to the Holiday Inn to see if Charlie was there but he was off property. Met up with the Sunbusters to get set up for the week. Headed up to the room about 6:00 to get ready for 7:00 dinner at Paradise with Poly. It was great to see him and all of his staff. Then walked around the hotel for awhile and went over to the Disney Show at 9:30. Angie from sales and her 2 children joined us. Had a great time with them. The show was great as always... Stayed at Club Nitro with some of the Activities staff and had a few cocktails after the show. Headed back to the room around 12:45 as we finally had hit a brick wall after being up 22 hours straight.

Sun. Nov. 18th – Slept in until 7:00 which is late for us. Showered and headed over to Wal-Mart to get doughnuts for the front desk and bellmen. Got back and had breakfast with Poly in Las Gallgos the new Mexican restaurant. Then it was up to the room to change and go meet Paco with Sunbusters to get gooped up for the day. Then we went for another long walk along the beach. Got back and got in the pool to cool off. Went next door to see Sophie (Rachel’s daughter) and to give her the Barbie we had brought down for her. She was so excited. Went back and had a bite to eat and spent the rest of the afternoon around the pool relaxing and chatting with friends. Decided to shower and go into town and walk along the malecon. Stopped by Blue Shrimp and Si Senors to say Hi to our amigos Martin, Raul, Lalo and Socci. Ended up having 4 grande margaritas, fish tacos, chips and salsa, and ceviche at Si Senors before crawling down the hill to walk the malecon and go to Andales. When we arrived at Andale’s King David remembered us so he got us a table and a couple of beers and we listened to the music and danced. Had a great time (I think or so everyone tells me). After a total of 6 beers to go along with my 4 grande margaritas we headed back to the resort. Got back and decided to go over to Club Nitro. By this time I decided it was time for a Diet Coke. Met this great couple from Canada that were getting married on Wed so we got invited to the wedding. The bride was celebrating her since it was after midnight so we had them give her a La Cucaracha shot. I think we helped carry her back around 2:30 am.

Monday Nov. 19th – Was a holiday in Mexico (Mexican Revolution Day) so schools and banks were closed. We should have had a hang over from all the drinking the night before but believe it or not we didn’t. Thank goodness Martin (owner of Blue Shrimp and Si Senors) puts good tequila in his margaritas. Did our usual doughnut run to Wal-Mart at 8:00 am and then back to have breakfast. Had a waffle down at the Breeze Bar and then met up with Paco from Sunbusters. Went for our walk and then back to the resort to jump in the pool and cool off. Had dinner with Carlos and had planned to go into town to meet some new friends, Rick and Michelle, but Senora Lorrie was starting to feel a little under the weather (I didn't drink all day so I think I was going into withdrawals) so decided it was best to call it an early night and go up and enjoy our spectacular room.

Will work on the report some more and will be back in touch!!

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Sounds like you had a great time!!
Is 2612 your usual room?

We look forward to reading the rest of your report.

Andy and Cheryl

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:30 pm

I feel like I was right there with you guys. I certainly thought about you being down there constantly while you were gone, lol. I kept telling Fred, I bet they're laying on the beach right now, or I bet they're getting Sunbusted right now, or I bet they're having dinner, etc. Not that I'm jealous or anything, lol. We tried, it just didn't work out this time. But we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family and the weather was just a little nasty Wed. morning and lots of the airports had delays so it probably was a blessing in disguise.

I can't wait to read the rest of your report so I can live the rest of my vicarious vacation. I'm glad you guys had a great time. We can't wait til Feb.!!!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:36 pm

Thank you! Keep the reports coming...

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:40 pm

nice report...thanks and looking forward to more...sonofdob.

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:06 pm

Wish I was there! :)
oxoxo
Jane

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:36 am

Didn't see Smokey but Alice was asking about you. :lol:

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:14 pm

lojol60 wrote:Didn't see Smokey but Alice was asking about you. :lol:
HEHEHE~ I am sure she was saying...Jane, Jane where the _____ is Jane?
LOL
oxoxo
Jane

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Redd wrote:
lojol60 wrote:Didn't see Smokey but Alice was asking about you. :lol:
HEHEHE~ I am sure she was saying...Jane, Jane where the _____ is Jane?
LOL
oxoxo
Jane
And we did too... LOL you were surely missed Redd... just to see if you could run with the old dogs of the pack babe... good crowd this year too.. as you could see by some of the photos i sent you i need to get webshots updated as well... i am still labelling them as well...