Royal Decameron ~ Absolutely Amazing!

Report on your Puerto Vallarta trip, hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Hey Boo
Royal Decameron ~ Absolutely Amazing!

Post by Hey Boo » Tue May 17, 2005 1:54 pm

Hola! My boyfriend and I just returned from the Royal Decameron where we had stayed May 9th thru the 16th. I was skeptical about going because there were a couple of pretty bad reviews about the place, but now I would go back in a heartbeat! We booked through expedia and were greeted by an english speaking rep as soon as we got through customs and were taken to the Decameron. We were placed in block 5, around the adult pool. I was a little disappointed at first because we were so far away from the beach and activities, but got over that quickly! It was nice because we had a bar and restaurant right outside our door, there were no screaming kids in the pool and it was nice to be away from all of the activities because we could relax more. Pretty much every day we would get up around 9am, eat, change into swimsuits, and head to the beach to bargain with vendors! I bought so much jewelry they knew me by name! Around 2 or 3 we would usually head up to the adult pool after grabbing a bite to eat. We'd usually take a late-afternoon nap because that sun is so draining!!! We'd wake up around 6, eat, and then drink the night away! We went into Puerto for one afternoon to shop, which was nice. It was so weird to be able to walk around with a bottle of Bud Light on the streets while we bargained prices with the vendors! We also did a booze cruise, which was quite an experience. We snorkled at Los Arcos, hiked in this jungle (can't remember the name!), and swam at this beautiful beach. My favorite thing to do was to just lay on the beach and relax with a nice banana mama in my cup! I though the food at the resort was absolutely great! We ate buffet every day, all day, except for the last night we at at the italian place. It was ok, but I'm just used to my "American" italian like Olive Garden! There were so many things to choose from on the buffet! I ever got bored with the food and we never ate outside the hotel, even when we went downtown! I don't know how anyone could complain about this hotel! Definitely a great choice for young couples who aren't looking to spend too much but still want quality! Our room was spotless everyday after the maid left (she also picked us flowers and made a bunny out of our hand towels!), the food was excellent, the drinks were perfect, the grounds were beautiful, and the staff was amazingly nice! I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone and am already looking forward to booking my second trip!!!! E-mail me if you have any questions!
Beaner_girl_14@yahoo.com

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Royal Decameron ~ Absolutely Amazing!

Post by flyawayplus4 » Tue May 17, 2005 3:16 pm

Good Trip Report.
I can picture in my mind the Food the Ocean and the beautiful trees swaying in the light breeze.
The flowers the cobble stone street that leads to Bucerias. The busy street then main road that leads to PV.
Hmmm Dreaming!
If I ever go to the DeCameron again I will have to remember to ask for block 5. LOL
Away from the activities (loud speakers) sounds very good to me.
Glad you had a good time.
Cheers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn' t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
Lucille Ball

liqning
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by liqning » Tue May 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Good trip report. We were at the Royal DeCameron from April 23 to May 07, 2005. We had an excellent experience as well. I would recommend this resort for anyone. We were also in block five right by the bar and backing onto the disco. Any noise from the disco was drowned out by our air conditioner so we slept well. I guess we didn’t spend as much time as we should have on the beach as we travelled around the area virtually every day. I have only positive things to say about the resort, the workers, and the food.

vegasvicki

Post by vegasvicki » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:53 am

I just returned to the US 2 days ago. This was our 2nd trip to the Decameron and its still as amazing as ever! The staff is so friendly and courteous and the bartenders sure can pour a mean drink! We stayed in bloc 5 both trips and our room faced out toward the adult pool. I loved just to sit there on the balcony and watch everyone. We walked the beach down to Bucerias 2x and found such great bargains down there. I paid $15USD to get my hair braided in Bucerias, where downtown they were asking $40. I've been there the last 2 summers in a row and can't wait to go back! I have nothing but wonderful thoughts of the beautiful Royal Decameron.

Pittesq7

Post by Pittesq7 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:53 pm

vegasvicki (Aug 21, 2005 08:53 p.m.):
I just returned to the US 2 days ago. This was our 2nd trip to the Decameron and its still as amazing as ever! The staff is so friendly and courteous and the bartenders sure can pour a mean drink! We stayed in bloc 5 both trips and our room faced out toward the adult pool. I loved just to sit there on the balcony and watch everyone. We walked the beach down to Bucerias 2x and found such great bargains down there. I paid $15USD to get my hair braided in Bucerias, where downtown they were asking $40. I've been there the last 2 summers in a row and can't wait to go back! I have nothing but wonderful thoughts of the beautiful Royal Decameron.
I am going to PV in 2 days - how was the weather there?

SENOR HARLEY

ROYAL DECAMERON

Post by SENOR HARLEY » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:14 am

Just got back from royal decameron, had a great itme, the weather was great, had a wedding,bitrhday and a proposal, fun was had by all, only problem i lost my passport, divers liscence and my wifes birth certificate and drivers liscence, the staff and management were very helpful, miguel angel in bucerias has a great restaurant, great fresh sea food, margaritas to die for, miguel tried to find my papers but no one turned them in. :(
[/i]

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:08 am

Just curious Senor did you have trouble leaving the Country after you lost your passport etc. Did you have to get special papers?

Hopefully your lost items will turn up.
Glad you had a good vacation otherwise. :)

SENOR HARLEY

ROYAL DECAMERON

Post by SENOR HARLEY » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:06 pm

no trouble to get out, had to go to canadian consolet get one time only passports, the security at airport tryed to get us for 800 pesos for torist cards, but wife told them the consulet said thet would be free, so he gave us our tourist visas, i tipped him 50 pesos.

lillooet rick

Re: ROYAL DECAMERON

Post by lillooet rick » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:31 am

SENOR HARLEY wrote:Just got back from royal decameron, had a great itme, the weather was great, had a wedding,bitrhday and a proposal, fun was had by all, only problem i lost my passport, divers liscence and my wifes birth certificate and drivers liscence, the staff and management were very helpful, miguel angel in bucerias has a great restaurant, great fresh sea food, margaritas to die for, miguel tried to find my papers but no one turned them in. :(
[/i]
miguels was awsome thanks for the tip. the food was great and the margaritas were to great but now linda won't drink ta kill ya :cry:

SENOR HARLEY

lindas tequilia hangover

Post by SENOR HARLEY » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:08 pm

hey rick & linda, nice to see you found the site, tell linda that i hve not totuched tequilia since oct.28, too much trouble not rembering anything that happend, was very nice to meet you, we will try to come up and visit you, enjoyed your company had a good time chatting, funny how it takes a trip out of the country to meet people that live close to you, keep in touch and have a great day

Sexy Jo

Post by Sexy Jo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:53 am

We have made so many good friends in the area - Bucerias is a very friendly little town Miguel Angels might not be right on the beach but the food is by far the best in town and priced OK. Beats going into PV with as many cruise ships in town you don't get the same deals and you don't have to fight the crowds - We found on cruise ship days that the time share banditos were out in full force. The Royal DeCameron made us feel like we were home and some of the Bartenders remembered us from the last visits ( Senor Harley were we that bad ) Freindly staff clean rooms and the food was much better this year than last ( all new cooks for 2005 )
We too were in Block 5 backing onto construction of Block 6 but found that the noise was at a min until after 8 am but a tip Block 3 has an elevator - I didn't mind the stairs but when your man out weighs you and you have to help carry him up 6 flights of stairs an elevator would have been nice LOL

Meg_Dawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Meg_Dawg » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:37 am

I just got back from a 1-week stay at the RD on Dec. 31.

It was so amazing. I'm glad you all had a great time as well.

I think I fell in love with the whole activities staff, Jimmy in particular.

Can't wait to go back.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:45 pm

been three times now and returning for a fourth Feb 17...how have the renovations at RD turned out ?

Meg_Dawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Meg_Dawg » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:16 pm

sonofdob wrote:been three times now and returning for a fourth Feb 17...how have the renovations at RD turned out ?
I'm not quite sure what they were renovating, though I'm pretty sure building 6 is completed, as there were no building crews seen during my stay.

Everything seemed to be in tip top shape. Anything inparticular you're curious about? There's nothing I love more than talking about every little detail of the RD. ::feels like the biggest dork ever::

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:33 pm

meg dawg...heard from someone that one of the buffet restaurants had been renovated...not sure if it was Flamingos side or Tropical side...the way they descridbed it though sounded like Tropical and may have included El Piccolo as well ? You also say building six is done ? Is it beside building five or behind it, also done as in occupied done ? Sorry for all the questions but I have not been since any of this...went to Huatulco instead...sonofdob

Meg_Dawg
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Meg_Dawg » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:07 am

sonofdob wrote:meg dawg...heard from someone that one of the buffet restaurants had been renovated...not sure if it was Flamingos side or Tropical side...the way they descridbed it though sounded like Tropical and may have included El Piccolo as well ? You also say building six is done ? Is it beside building five or behind it, also done as in occupied done ? Sorry for all the questions but I have not been since any of this...went to Huatulco instead...sonofdob
Ahh.. I wish I would have paid more attention to the buildings. I was too busy oggling the activities staff..silly girl.

Um..from what I remember, the Tropical looked very nice and new..so I'm guessing if one was renovated, it was that buffet.

I'm still not sure about building 6, seeing as I was in building two and spent most of my time around that area. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. I guess this is just another excuse for me to go back, so I can help myself remember what was going on with the construction. :twisted:

I can't remember if my friend was staying in building 5 or 6, but when I was there..I didn't see any construction, which leads me to believe that building 6 is most likely finished.

Again, sorry for my complete lack of brain in this area.

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:39 pm

Meg do you have pictures of your trip you could share. We could help you post them if you need help.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:52 pm

meg dawg...thanks anyway, was just curious. I'll just have to go look for my self....Feb 17...sonofdob.

Karissa
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Royal Decameron Block 6

Post by Karissa » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:00 pm

We are heading down and May. I e-mailed the resort and block 6 is "totally completed and working"

Karissa

mlroberts
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Royal Decameron

Post by mlroberts » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:41 pm

Well I'm heading down Mar 04 and can't wait!! Any more info on this resort would be great. How are the rooms cause I heard they were just okay and the beds were terrible. I'll keep checin back for more info!! :D