Very Unfortuante Anti-Gay Comments By Manager of Bai Sri

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Very Unfortuante Anti-Gay Comments By Manager of Bai Sri

Post by lyrihn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Unfortuate The Bai Sri Manager was Given a forum for his intolerace by Vallarta VIP magazine.

The Quote when asked how to improve vallarta as a tourist location:

"Not to promote Puerto Vallarta as a gay destination on the Internet and get rid of that bad label that shows up on the Internet’s search engines"

'http://www.vipvallarta.com/expresiones.html

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

finished

Post by teatrolimon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:13 pm

as a result the manager has been terminated
as per my neighbor adrian who is the owner
the integrity this man has is unbelievable

bruce

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm

hopefully he wont be re-hired when no one is paying attention.

I personally still have concerns. I cannot bring myself to believe that there were no signs of the Managers position on gay customers for Adrien to pick up on. They work very closely together.

I think that it is most likely that gay customers are an important part of his business, and so to minimize the damage perhaps the manager was fired.

I am not suggesting that Adrien shared the same views as Claudio - I have no information on that point. I do know that Adrien hired the guy and put him in a position of power. And I feel that there must have been signs of Claudio's anti-gay position in plain view sufficient to nip this in the bud.

I could be wrong, but I think it's more likely that I am correct. If i am correct I dont support a business that doesnt respect its gay customers. If I am wrong, I dont support a business that does respect its gay customers but has in the past (the incident herein) assulted the gay community. I can live with that. I cant live with the reverse.

Anyway, thats my view.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:43 pm

how stupid can a person be, well obviously very stupid...

no matter what a person says, Vallarta is a beautiful city for all who come and visit...

Heck it lets Bruce stay there, me to come visit, and Darryl to send us money... HA HA HA

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:46 pm

:shock:

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:36 pm

by freeeye on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

This is a letter received from Adrien, the owner of Bai Sri. It speaks for itself:

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been receiving a lot of comments by email and as it is a very important matter to me, I want to take time to answer individually to every one.

Sadness and shame are my feelings of today.

Why did Claudio said that? I don't know and I don't want to find an explanation either. He is already out of my restaurant.

I have shared so many good times and conversations with my customers, no matters they are gay or hetero, so they know the person I am. And I assure you that I am not a person with prejudice.

I won't apologize because it is just unexcusable. I just want you to know that I am sad and ashamed .

Thank you

adrien

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:09 pm

I am glad that he took actions against his manager , I will hate to be in a occur position if I had got there with my partner. I am a gay and I like to respect the view of other peoples as well I like to be respect. We work as hard to as any body else and we have the same right to take holidays and feel safe and free.

Hope that this doesn't happen too often in Puerto Vallarta, we have love it there and the people.
E)E [rocks]

PEACE