PV Easter Break

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:43 am

I can't stand crowds either. During Semana Santa I pretty much went nowhere, except my local store for smokes and Fanta! Fow two weeks I pretty much did nothing...and was happy to do so!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:01 pm

well my thoughts and jmo....... :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) :lol: :wink:

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Crowd Control

Post by smitty » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 pm

American Thanksgiving weekend would be on my No Fly List along with those already listed . No offence to my US friends - just too busy. We witnessed one year in PV (never again) and this year we traveled through LAX to Sydney on the Fri of the long weekend . :shock:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:16 pm

winterpegman wrote:I can't stand crowds either. During Semana Santa I pretty much went nowhere, except my local store for smokes and Fanta! Fow two weeks I pretty much did nothing...and was happy to do so!
Darryl, are you saying you were in PV over Semana Santa?

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Not THIS one...when I lived there... :wink:

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:22 am

As a matter of fact, most of my amigos "got out of town" for Semana Santa. They went to Guadalajara. I considered this, but decided to stay. I enjoy the crowds. This is the 2nd year I have been here for Semana Santa and knew just what was in store and was even looking forward to it. But, understand it is not for everyone.

The newspapers reported 1 incident during this past semana santa. Two men were arrested for not wanting to abide with the stronger regulations enforced during semana santa. They refused to empty their beer into plastic bags for walking on the street.

My apologies to Sunshine311 and to the board for voicing my opinion so strongly. I agree with you, Bruce, "don't be scared.......just jump in!!!" LOL

hurricaneshecky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by hurricaneshecky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:17 pm

We have walked the streets of PV with you Shecky in the wee hours of the night..morning.. and have sat in the real deal cantina and never feared..
Just had a lot of fun...
Cantina's are generally safe... unless you are in small town Mexico and there are 3 Columbians who insist that you get drunk with them and then, afterwards, join them for some fun back at their place where, I was assured, there would be "many chicas" - but that's another story.

sunshine311
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sunshine311 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 pm

I have been off the forum for a few days and wow, did this topic take off!!
BellaLuna, clearly you missed the intention of my original post. Thanks to all of those who have already noted this. I merely wanted to make others aware of the drastic difference of PV during this time.
We were never aware of this holiday prior to our vacation, and had we been informed, we would have avoided it. So I merely wanted to make others aware so they may plan around it (or for it) for their vacation next year.
Our first week we walked the streets every night with total comfort and security, the next week it was a different world. We did exercise a lot more caution, just as we would any other city in any country.

Thanks for the warning of Vegas during NBA weekend as this is our next vacation destination.

Another point - I hesitate to write this and I'm not trying to be vain here, but my husband is quite muscular. It was a very uneasy feeling having the young Mexican men eyeing him up. Call it a macho, man thing perhaps, and throw in some alcohol - liquid courage if you will - and it's a bit scary. and not just in PV - but anywhere he goes he's got to be aware of his surroundings.

Anyway, thanks to those who clairified for me....not saying it's bad and stay away, just make others aware of this holiday so they can be better informed in planning there next vacation.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Queer Alert

Post by smitty » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm

"Another point - I hesitate to write this and I'm not trying to be vain here, but my husband is quite muscular. It was a very uneasy feeling having the young Mexican men eyeing him up. Call it a macho, man thing perhaps, and throw in some alcohol - liquid courage if you will - and it's a bit scary. and not just in PV - but anywhere he goes he's got to be aware of his surroundings. "

Good advice Sunshine - be vigilant - that oggling could turn into someting physical ! :shock:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Wow sunshine :shock: You must be married to quite the man... :)

sunshine311
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Queer Alert

Post by sunshine311 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:32 pm

smitty wrote:"Another point - I hesitate to write this and I'm not trying to be vain here, but my husband is quite muscular. It was a very uneasy feeling having the young Mexican men eyeing him up. Call it a macho, man thing perhaps, and throw in some alcohol - liquid courage if you will - and it's a bit scary. and not just in PV - but anywhere he goes he's got to be aware of his surroundings. "

Good advice Sunshine - be vigilant - that oggling could turn into someting physical ! :shock:
Ha Ha!! I knew I shouldn't have wrote that!!!
Let me clarify...I didn't mean they were 'checking him out' in an attraction kind of way! It's a Macho, guy thing...kind of like how some girls dislike attractive women for no other reason than they are pretty. Men see him and they puff up their chest and get all tough. We were in a bar in Mazatlan two years ago when some Mexican's pointed him out and asked him come arm wrestle them! Anyway, hope I've cleared up any confusion on the point I was trying to make!! :oops:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

so sorry for you

Post by ronald » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:08 am

Words cannot express how I could relate to what you have just written... During my twenties my body was preparing itself for the physique that I now waddle around in and I too was the object of discussion, eye contact, and good natured kidding. Not that I couldn't handle myself, (I was a champion runner in junior high) but understandably my wife was somewhat concerned about my safety...... well at least until I passed the physical for the life insurance.

But don't worry Sunshine... The day will come when he'll lose his hair.... the muscles will shift southward... won't be long and you'll be fitting him for suspenders.... and the smell of passing gas will take care of all those other guys hanging around.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Teasing Sunshine

Post by smitty » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:08 am

You are a lucky gal Sunshine ! :) Ronald - you are a nut ! :lol:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:41 pm

sunshine311 wrote:Another point - I hesitate to write this and I'm not trying to be vain here, but my husband is quite muscular. It was a very uneasy feeling having the young Mexican men eyeing him up. Call it a macho, man thing perhaps, and throw in some alcohol - liquid courage if you will - and it's a bit scary. and not just in PV - but anywhere he goes he's got to be aware of his surroundings.

Are you sure you weren't on the "southside"??? :wink: :wink: :lol: :o 8) :shock: With one of the largest "alternative life style" populations in Mexico, you just never know, he might have been eye candy to some!!! :evil: :lol: :evil: 8)

Thanks again for the updates and the "clarification" ... good humor as well...

Agreed Ronald is a nut, especially when he is off his meds.....

sunshine311
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sunshine311 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:01 pm

LOL, I don't even know what to say back to you guys!!

Well, at least Ronald understands. :wink:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:28 pm

sunshine311 wrote:LOL, I don't even know what to say back to you guys!!

Sunshine You did the only thing you could..You laughed and joined in the fun... :lol: :)
Ronald too funny :lol:

Macho Man... :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rH8WE_WJwI

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm

sunshine311 wrote:LOL, I don't even know what to say back to you guys!!

you did just fine sunshine311 :lol: :lol: :lol: but i wouldn't let hubby wander too far in his speedo, especially on the southside or in front of Ronald... valium only works so long :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: