Zip Line Tour Robberies?

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jackdaniels
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Zip Line Tour Robberies?

Post by jackdaniels » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Can anyone enlighten me as to the shooting of the driver and robbery of the Zip line Tour group on or about 29 May? PV is very hash hush about this.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:51 pm

this happened 2 days before we left pv. our friends who sell the day trips say that he was robbed and shot as he was heading back to town with the money. they said that they were careless with security, and that they should only accept customers that pay in advance. they also said there are occasional robberies of this sort but rare that someone gets shot.

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Arizona Karen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:54 pm

What zip line company? Were the customers on the bus?

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 pm

the robbery happened out at boca. pedro heard about it from a guest staying at los arcos who bought the tour from him. he came back pretty shaken up....it's hard to get accurate info, every thing is vague. pedro was still trying to get all the info when we left pv.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 pm

OK now the real story.

This happened at the end of the day at the Los Veranos Canopy Tour when there were no tourists around, they were counting money to pay the employees, when one of the drivers came to the assistance of the cashier he was shot and killed by the robbers.

There is plenty of accurate info to be found if you read boards run by folks who actually live in Vallarta

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:49 pm

pedro has lived in pv for 64 years. he was trying to get info the day after it happened. he isn't on any message board. he works for a company that sells the day trips. you're getting your info 6 weeks later. big difference.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

There are several on this board that are in daily contact with people that live there. Some of these people have lived there for over 20 years. We all heard the story that Ted related and not 6 weeks later. Not sure I understand your point.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:03 pm

teduardo wrote:There is plenty of accurate info to be found if you read boards run by folks who actually live in Vallarta
Teduardo's point (I guess, that's his point) is to devalue this forum because the members don't live in Puerto Vallarta. Is that a fact? Does that make the forum useless?... not at all.
benito wrote:he isn't on any message board. he works for a company that sells the day trips. you're getting your info 6 weeks later
I imagine Benito meant 6 days, not 6 weeks, no?

Mogens
Last edited by webmaster on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:39 pm

I am not sure that is what Ted meant at all. I think what he was trying to say is what I stated above. I for one, have a friend who has been there 22 years and I speak to daily. He told me of it the next day. His story was the same as Ted's. This friend has nothing to do with any other board in or for PV. He is just someone that has been there these many years. as much as I love PV and want to know all about what goes on, I would rather hear nothing then misinformation.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Included quotes in my previous reply to make clear what I am talking about.

Mogens

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Our PV Forum

Post by smitty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Mogens I think we all understood what you were saying - quotes or not . The bottom line is you and your associates are providing us with this board for no cost to us . We choose to be here and post on your dime . If you don't like the way Mogens and his crew run the show then don't post here . At the very least show some respect and maybe some gratitude that Mogens and his partners give us this board .

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:59 pm

There was certainly nothing disrespectful in my post Jimbo. But then again, I guess you are being the White Knight and will right all wrongs. You should learn not to paint with a broad brush. :? :?

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:45 am

Oooookkkkkk! So how is the weather where everyone its?

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:34 am

I think Jimbo..(Smitty) was speaking about Ted if I read his post right... :) :? :? and I agree with his comments.... :)
Mogens thank you ...
and Condor.... :)

The weather here in Alberta is Perfect right now... :D

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:16 am

To the little badger: It's %&^$# hot where I live... with some rain almost every day.... snow's all gone.... air conditioning works fine... gas is $1.40 a litre, bottle of 20 year Port just cost me $ 53. Mama's are two for $ 6 and I'm pretty sure I knew what Mogens mean't and agreed with his assumption when he posted...

Have a great and safe July 1st OR July 4th (OR BOTH) next week you guys (and gals).

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:13 am

No I wasn't referring to you Howard . As for being the White Knight - it sure beats being the town drunk or village idiot .

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:17 am

The Town Drunk and Village Idiot has not posted here for years. I believe He was banned back in 2001.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:16 am

Why is it so hard for people to understand that misinformation does more harm than good? Speculation on what happened by so and so and "he said, it happened because of....does not help creditability.”

Mogens, I believe, sells that tour on this board and the 2nd post on this thread was …."What company? What tour?" (Note to self do NOT take that tour, or even worse for someone who has never been to PV...Note to self...do not go to Mexico/PV because they rob the tourists.) Was that going to do any good for the sales of that tour through this board? Was it doing anything to promote tourism in PV? OR was it actually going to hurt a business that had already been hurt by the tragic event by driving away future customers with incorrect information?

It is not what board anyone reads, it is what board can people depend on to give them honest answers...and postings were being made based totally on conjecture. It is like the game you can play when one person gives another person some information, then it is passed around the entire room and when it hits the final person it is nothing like it started out as.

I too heard about the incident via an early morning wake-up call from PV the morning after it happened (not 6 weeks later) but I did not post about it because...It was a robbery of a business, not tourists, no tourists were harmed or even present when it happened. I know of a Pepsi truck that was robbed too, should that be posted too? No tourists were around the truck it was only the employee that was robbed but he was very shaken up by the event. Why put it on a website promoting tourism so people can believe it when their neighbors/family/co-workers/friends all say "You are going to Mexico, are you nuts it is not safe down there!!!!!!!"

The MISINFORMATION was what was hurting this website and PV not the incident. I don't think it was being done with any malice it was just the passing on of information that was not verified and in this case not correct.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:20 am

How much Pepsi did they get in the robbery?. Was it regular, diet, or both?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:37 am

Kudos to Kat; very well put. I'll just bet there isn't a single home town any of us live in that doesn't have daily roberies, muggings, murders, etc. This happens! Life is not easy. It does absolutly no good to post something that is so common unless there is something that we can do about it. Chuck... 8)