Immigration and Customs......

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Immigration and Customs......

Post by GreatOwl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 am

What changes have been made since 2009? I had read somewhere that many of the airports had changed personnel this past year. Anything that is different in PVR?

Have they improved the line up process or is it still a "crush" in that area approaching the officers.

I never worry about the "shark tank" as they really do bother me. Last year we found that there had been a great improvement in collecting your luggage. It didn't seem to be as back up.

Any advice??? This is sort of late as we will be arriving on Jan. 22

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:03 am

It's pretty much the same as always. Your luggage goes thru an xray machine after you claim it, before you press the red light/green light button.

Sally

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 am

Porters are now outside the Customs area after your luggage clears the x-ray machines. Carts are now available (finally) by the luggage carousels, replacing the porters. If you still want a porter to handle your luggage for you, you have to get them as you exit the Customs area. This was a mandate by the Mexican Govt. putting Mexico in the same compliance you experience in other International Airports worldwide.

The moving walkway between Immigration and Customs is still non-functional most of the time. Nothing has changed there :lol:

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 am

It wasn't until I actually did it that I fully realized the benefit of flying in from Tijuana. It's not just cheaper, it's a domestic flight ! :D I don't know what you guys are talking about 8) Customs ?? Immigration ?? Sounds like international travel to me. The Volaris run from TJ to PV is basically a commuter flight, like going from LA to SF for the day :wink:

Fly to San Diego (spend some money while your'e here please), walk across to TJ and make it easy on yourself 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Just an FYI....... I saw a post on TA that a new cambio has been added before you get to immigration. The post said their exchange rates are lower than the one in the main airport lobby.