Alcohol on the Malecon

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

AEAZY
PV Fan
PV Fan
Alcohol on the Malecon

Post by AEAZY » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:44 am

I heard some ramblings about no more drinks on the boardwalk, is this true? I know I have been warned by the police about having glass bottles before but I hope I can still stroll down the Malecon with a drink.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Drinks To Go

Post by smitty » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 am

Maybe I'm being a funspoiler but I can understand the Police cracking down on this . Its something that would warrant a very hefty fine at home . At the very least I would use styrofoam or plastic glasses .
I would bet its more of an issue of public intoxication and all the nonsense that occurs as a result .

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Drinks

Post by Jennybean » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Public intoxication is one reason...I suspect the other is that the Malecon is a family oriented area, which means there are often lots of small kids and toddlers. Broken glass on the Malecon doesn't mix with toddlers and small children who fall down from time to time. It's just common sense.

Technically it is a breach of the law to have open alcohol like that, it's just not a heavily enforced law.

Use styrofoam cups instead if you absolutely must walk and drink at the same time.

AEAZY
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by AEAZY » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 am

Thanks for the info guys

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 am

totally agree with all of the above, as well as everybody wandering aroundin flip flops... and the next thing you know you have a piece of glass in your foot... just not a wise thing that is for sure....

thanks for asking for "advice" most people wouldn't....

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:22 am

hey tom you dont have to throw a bottle at me ,i will just jump in the ocean for the fun of it :lol:

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:52 am

Friends I can tell you as of last year ,the poicia will not except anyone after the hrs, to be walking down the malecon. trust me I tried it . please get a cab ,it is much safer ,let me change that ,the policia will not let any body having a good buzzzzz,walk down the malecon .dont go swimming b
ecause little kids want to see you jump in the ocean, and have fun!!!!!!
and then popo .robbeb me of my 30.00

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:02 am

Have you been drinking??? Nice post.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:18 am

chris ,i would never post drunk ,just giving info

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:29 am

chris I am the best liar you ever meet in your life ,just kidding , are you going to meet up at andalaes in two weeks ,, all of us are ok we are just having fun -see ya at andales,

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:05 pm

I figured you were mis-spelling on purpose since we're talking about drinking. I know I'll be an Andalaes at some point. The first week I'm in Bucerias with the fam so we'll probably take the girls there one night. They're 17 and 21 so I think they might like it. I know I'll be there a few times the week of the 22-29th when my girlfriend joins me. I may go on the 22nd as my fam leaves for the airport at 4:00 and I'll be at loose ends that night. What am I saying!! Loose ends in PV!! No such thing! I'll be hanging my hat somewhere that night.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Chiquitas

Post by Jennybean » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 pm

The first week I'm in Bucerias with the fam so we'll probably take the girls there one night. They're 17 and 21 so I think they might like it.
I don't know whether they will like it, but the male staff are sure going to like them. And by consequence, like YOU for bringing them. :lol: :lol:

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm thinking it will be a little different travelling with two younger girls. I told them I was going to have to lie a little ways from them on the beach! Love it that they are young adults. Should be fun.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Sometimes I need one of those machines that they put in cars that you have to blow in, but I need one on my computer ,sorry-jro

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:41 am

JROJEFF...funny, I know what you mean...look.

http://www.jeorgethedodo.com/huh_jumble.asp

I am not sure I understand the North American concern with public drinking when the real issue is public intoxication...I think the more restrictive laws promotes abuse whereas more liberal attitudes create an atmoshphere of moderation...just a thought...sonofdob.