Shout Outs

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MS1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Shout Outs

Post by MS1 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Wow I'm happy to be here. I arrived yesterday and I am starting to explore all the greatness that I enjoy in PV. :mrgreen:

Thank You everyone who I have met on this site..too many to name one by one.

Conchas Chinas E)E

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:22 pm

have a great time... and enjoy the woders of vallarta...

take care...

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:18 am

tojol57 wrote:have a great time... and enjoy the woders of vallarta...

take care...
And even try enjoying the WONDERS of PV too! :lol:

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:33 am

Just have a good time... Wonders never cease!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Ronald and Darryl you both crack me up.... so i drop letters here and there just remember Darryl i could or you a rum and **** and you know how i misspell coke some days... HA HA HA

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:15 pm

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out those slips...how else can you correct it, if'n ya didn't know you were doing it??? :lol:

And yes...I'm painfully still aware of you're "coke" faux pas....lol

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Queen's English

Post by smitty » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:39 pm

This thread reminded me of this funny story . I thought Tom meant Foders (travel guide book) . :) The Girl is speaking Cockney - a London slang (think "To Sir With Love")

By Lester Haines → More by this author
Published Friday 11th April 2008 07:46 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 19-year-old Saaarf London girl has been advised to use the Queen's English on the phone after her hunt for a cab to whisk her to Bristol airport ended less than satisfactorily.

According to the Daily Mail, the unnamed teen rang directory enquiries two weeks ago and initially requested a number for a "Joe Baxi" firm. The nonplussed operator told her she couldn't find anyone by that name, to which the lass replied: “It ain’t a person, it’s a cab, innit.”

The enlightened operator duly put her through to Bishop’s Stortford-based retail display supplier Displaysense, where she "spoke to an equally bemused saleswoman" before thundering: “Look love, how hard is it? All I want is your cheapest cab, innit. I need it for 10am. How much is it?”

The answer was £180, and with the deal done by credit card, Displaysense obliged by delivering a display cabinet to her door the next morning.

Cue second phone chat with Displaysense. The company's marketing manager, Steve Whittle, recounted: "We thought it was a joke at first but the girl was absolutely livid. Because she spoke in 'Ali G' style slang, her order was mixed up somewhat. She was absolutely baffled as to why she had a big glass display cabinet delivered outside her house, when all she wanted was a taxi to take her on holiday.

"We apologised and gladly offered the young lady a refund on the display unit she received and suggested that maybe she should speak a bit clearer on the phone."

Whittle concluded: "We still don't know if she made it to the airport on time but she did ask our delivery driver if he could give her a lift."