In case of emergency...

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
In case of emergency...

Post by Shimano Penn » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm

So who do I contact if something bad happens? Like for example I find myself without my wallet, ID, cc's and cash ? :roll:

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 am

I really hope that does not happen to you!!!

The police station is right on the Malecon just next to the main town square and the famous arches statue. There are usually police on foot around that area wearing white.

Sally

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 am

You know funny thing happened this past Monday.. Last February my wife and I brought four of our staff (all Aboriginal kids between 22-26) with us to PV for both a break, and in exchange they had to volunteer their time at Children of the Dump for a few of those days. first time on a plane for some of them. They had a wonderful time... opened their eyes to what is out there.

Anyway two of them are saving up to go to PV on their own and came to my office to talk about it... Because they were going by themselves this time... they talked about being alone and what could happen and the comment that one of them made was that in case anything happened they would go to Cafe Roma and see Fox (Canadian) and his wife Foxy, (American) and everything would be worked out after that.

While we were in PV we went to Cafe Roma twice and they met Fox/Foxy and all the other Canadians and Americans that were there... had a great time.... used the free internet and made free VOIP calls home, and the place made an impression on them that they can't forget to this day...

Just my two cents..... Of course you could go to the local Consolate of your country for help.... but I'd try Cafe Roma first.... surprising where you can find friends.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 am

D - Hope you don't need this but this is the address and contact info for the American Consulate in Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta. Just don't print this off and put it in your wallet. :lol:

Paseo de los Cocoteros #85 Sur Paradise Plaza, Interior Local L-7
Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit C.P. 63732

Phone & Answering Machine: (322) 222-0069, (322)-223-3301
Phone & Fax: (322) -223-0074

24 Hour Emergency Number at U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara: (33) 3268-2145

The U.S. Consular Agency in Vallarta is open to the public Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 12:30pm, except for U.S. and Mexican holidays. The Consular Agency is also closed on the third Wednesday of every month for in-service training. For after-hours emergencies involving life or limb, please call the Duty Officer at the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara, at (52-33) 3268-2145.

Have a Great Trip!

Kat

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 am

Thanks all, I'm certainly not expecting any problems but thought since the info is here I might as well have it :D

Bags are packed, going to try to get some sleep soon :shock: