Granade attack in PV

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Granade attack in PV

Post by gdremark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 pm

And I heard that they found 4 headless bodies yesterday, does anyone have any more info?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm

I would say your resources are seriously flawed! There were no headless bodies found. Wow do stories ever get twisted.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:15 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9HTF81O0

Ok not headless but .....
In Jalisco state, authorities in a rural town near the resort of Puerto Vallarta reported that the bodies of four men were found with execution-style gunshot wounds to the head.

Not a whole lot of difference, just wondering why nobody posted.

Also I suppose the granade in the bar was false also! I think not!

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Still, nothing there about a "grenade attack" in P.V. There is mention of "explosive devices" in a town near the border with Texas, a long way from P.V.

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by 2ndchance » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Davilin, the truth is the truth unless the photo in our newspaper of an injured man being attended to by rescued workers was in Texas.The article did say the injuries were due to a grenade explosion in an outdoor bar on Thursday in PUERTO VALLARTA, a far way from Texas.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Alright heres just a few links to the granade attack

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/704378.html

http://www.banderasnews.com/1008/nb-pinkcheladas.htm

http://www.noticiaspv.com/archivo/97558

One in english 2 in spanish, just google granade attack in Puerto Vallarta

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 pm

One thing to remember is alot of people that are on this board have an interest in this not getting out (financial)

Here is an example the owner of the Cheeky Monkey

http://vallartascene.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15712

Sorry but people being aware is more important that him making money

mexrvers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mexrvers » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 am

if you go to
noticiaspv.com
there is an article regarding the execution of 4 people - 2 of whom were from Vallarta - in Talpa de allende.
this is a long way from downtown Puerto Vallarta
:)
and I do not own a restaurant - just live in Vallarta

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:23 am

Drug violence is stepping up in Mexico in general. Maybe starting to flow over to PV. This is bound to happen. Notwithstanding some of you who say it will never happen in PV because tourism is it's main source of income. It is starting in PV and it will continue in PV. I sure hope it does not escalate, and I sure hope people don't bury their heads in the sand. PV has it's drug problems and along with that will come dealers and suppliers and then drug cartels.

I can remember PV when it was really paradise when Kathy and I first started visiting in the early 80's. Why can't things stay the same? Why must they change and not always for the better? Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:11 am

gdremark,
First of all you have to consider the sources from where you are getting your information. I own a business in PV and I resent your remark that business owners in PV try to hush things up to put money in our pockets. I know the entire story of what happened because I unfortunately know one of the guys who was killed and my partner and I have done business with him for years.

What people need to understand is it was an accident, it was not an attack. It was NOT a bunch of drunk kids, the guy who brought it into the bar was in his late 30's. He had just finished playing a soccer game, it was a stupid move, what he was thinking I have no idea, but it was an accident when it went off.

So that being said, there is no more danger to tourists than there was before this happened.

A guy was shot and killed on the freeway near my house 2 days ago, but probably a million people have driven past that location in the last 2 days and no one else has been harmed. The point being, things happen sometimes that are out of our control but it doesn't mean they are always the norm.

The other incidents that were referenced were not in or near PV.

Chuck check your PM

As far as the cartels being in or around or coming to PV, we are about 20 years too late to make that statement. But count the # of incidents in PV that have been in tourist locations or involvled tourists...I am talking cartel related, not crimes committed for money to buy drugs. The only major one that comes to mind is the shootout at Christine's Disco about 15 or so years ago.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:14 am

Kat. I did. Nothing there. Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:40 am

Chuck - I sent it again it is showing up in my outbox now.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:45 am

You know as well as I know what is going on and 90% of the things that are happening are NOT being reported. I have family living in several areas of Mexico and that all say the same. I just got back from PV and will go soon again.

How many people do you know that carry a Ggranade to a soccer game and then take it to a bar?
No ACCIDENT!

The main point is let people know so they are aware and it may save a life.

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by 2ndchance » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm

I agree with Kat,s*** happens everywhere.Well,she did not say it exactly like that,but violence is increasing everywhere.I also don't believe people on this board are trying to hush what happened for financial reasons,in fact i feel that the majority that post regularly care alot about Puerto Vallarta and its people. I myself spent a month this summer in P.V. and yes it was surprising to hear that a grenade explosion happened there,but at home i have stopped seeing the daily news because of all the violence happening here in our city and in other states. So, will this incident stop me from going back to P.V.? NO,in fact i am already planning for perhaps a 2 month vacation,i feel 100% safer there.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm

My apologies, Mark. I read the 1st link you gave and there was nothing there about the grenade in P.V. In your following links though, there it was. I just hadn't seen the other story yet.

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

tough situation

Post by islena » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 am

to katnsocal - sorry to hear that you were acquainted with someone
who lost their life in one of the incidents. The loss of someone
we know is always so difficult, and this is compounded by the
very tough situation of the reasons around the death and the
potential ongoing impact on the town: the residents as well as guests.

islena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:35 am

Islena,
Thank you!

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:30 pm

It IS being kept quiet by the low lifes that live in PV, check out tripadvisor and then go to the PV board. They have deleted all references of a grenade attack. Don't worry BZY! and JR I will be back. LOL You should be ashamed of your selves you care nothing about people! I hope in the end you meet ur maker and he will have the last say! And JR as old as you are it won't be long!

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Remember PV is not that big and I have been all over the place around PV and Mexico. If you want the truth google for it, do NOT believe the one that live in PV they only want the income. Most of the posters have either a business or rentals and they only care about there income. I have been going to PV since before 2000 and have about 20k miles of driving in Mexico and I will tell you the way it is. I just got back from 3 weeks in PV in July and it was safe you just BETTER be aware of your surroundings.

My wife is Hispanic and from Mexico and she has a large family so we hear whats going on and you have to remember MOST things go unreported. Just be aware and don't trust most of the idiots.

Google "grenade attack in PV" you will see alot of versions but nobody just carries a grenade into a bar and it accidentally goes off. Think about it!

Go to trip advisor and go to the PV board they have (all the ones that live in PV) deleted all references to the grenade attack. That should tell tou something.

As for a quick google check this

6 "narcos" killed in La cruzThu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 pm

"The narcos were being pursued by the cops and decided to turn into La cruz to blend in with the locals. La cruz streets are all tore up as new pipes and paving projects are ongoing and they got stuck in a dead end where the street was dug up. They tossed a grenade under the pursuing police vehicle injuring the soldiers. Then the shoot out began and police evacuated the residents to safety. A lot of gunfire and of course now the dead."

And alot more is going on. Just be aware and don't be nieve.