Bridge update

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jalapenojohan
PV Fan
PV Fan
Bridge update

Post by jalapenojohan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 am

I am writing an article for the Jaltemba Jalapeño to follow up on the bridge collapse. Does anyone know if there is any progress on the bridge? Even rumours would be helpful. I will check them out.

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm

They are preparing the ground work beside the old broken bridge in order to set up a temporary one (it´s taking much more than originally announced). That is the best solution for the high season, if they wait and rebuild it, it will take many months, making this high season completely unbearable for those trying to cross the bridge.

I´ve crossed it 4-5 times this week already, and each time takes 45 minutes, so I strongly recommend choosing the hotel depending on which side of the river you want to stay (downtown or Nuevo/Bucerias)

Chevy Man
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Airport

Post by Chevy Man » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Which side is the airport on?

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 pm

On the southern side, marina vallarta and downtown (Jalisco).

If you go to Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, Punta Mita, from the airport, you need to cross the river. It´s not such a big deal if you´re going to cross it just 3-4 times in a week, but if you are planning on crossing it at least twice a day (return trip) then it could be annoying...

It looks like it´s going to be ready by Mid-January, that is 2 months ahead of schedule, sceptic but could be true

jalapenojohan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Puerto Vallarta Bridge Repairs

Post by jalapenojohan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks for the feed back I have incorporated it in the article.

Maps explain the communities affected. The current situation is quite tolerable with normal delays being about 45 minutes. Repairs may be completed as early as January 2011. Read the article here:

http://jaltembajalapeno.com/lang/en/201 ... e-repairs/

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:27 pm

By the way, do not take any decision based on the webcam they installed over the bridge. The webcam is pointing towards the middle of the bridge, which always has moving traffic, the issue is before getting to the bridge, usually 1 to 3 miles of heavy traffic... These Mexicans are very clever!

jalapenojohan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jalapenojohan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:42 pm

aploj wrote:By the way, do not take any decision based on the webcam they installed over the bridge. The webcam is pointing towards the middle of the bridge, which always has moving traffic, the issue is before getting to the bridge, usually 1 to 3 miles of heavy traffic... These Mexicans are very clever!
That is a good point. I will add a NOTE to where the video feed is displayed:

http://jaltembajalapeno.com/lang/en/tv/ ... s-locales/