$399 AI Villa Del Palmar per week per room

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
$399 AI Villa Del Palmar per week per room

Post by gdremark » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Not per person!

http://puertovallartavacations.us/?gcli ... 7AodsziUGg

5-Star Villa Del Palmar Resort. Today Only Sale.
6 Days / 5 Nights All-Inclusive Resort Stay
Regular rate $1485. Today Only $399!
Includes Hotel Stay, All Meals, Drinks & Tips!
Price is per room, not per person

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villa del Palmar Puerto Vallarta Spa Resorts: Old World Feel, New World Luxury
It beckons you to join us at our wonderful location on the soft, shimmering beaches of Banderas Bay. Situated very close to the center of Puerto Vallarta, find Villa del Palmar where the essence of old Mexico still permeates through the cobblestone streets and the surrounding lush, tropical gardens.

The warmest of welcomes awaits you here and our combination of traditional Mexican hospitality and world-class service will entice you back to enjoy the peaceful ambience, the gentle splashing of the waves and the soft breezes drifting through the palm trees filling the air with birdsongs in the background.

Great place not a 5 star but a 2-3 I have stayed here a few times and you are near everything! Not far from bucerias or the river! Taxi ride 150 pesos to Bucerias and 40 pesos to the arches!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Great place not a 5 star but a 2-3 I have stayed here a few times and you are near everything! Not far from bucerias or the river! Taxi ride 150 pesos to Bucerias and 40 pesos to the arches!
Really????

It is not near Bucerias and it will be at minimum a 45 minute taxi ride to Bucerias and will cost more like 250 pesos. 40 pesos to the arches, if you are referring to ampitheater on the Malecon; a taxi ride to the malecon is not 40 pesos and hasn't been for a couple of years. The only river near it is the end of the Pitiall river which is nothing unless it is rainy season.

It clearly states in the advertisement that it is in the hotel zone, 10 minutes from downtown PV and 15 minutes from the airport. Nowhere near Bucerias or the Ameca River.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 am

Sorry honey I was there in July, not at the Villa but just across the street and that was the price!
I go every 6 months, so don't tell me what I pay! Yes now with the bridge out it may be 45 minutes.

You must not speak any Spanish or you get in before you ask the price. Sure you may have to ask more than one taxi but you WILL get that price unless a tour ship is in town.

Always ask and or offer a price never get in without knowing how much!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:25 am

gdremark,
Do you know how stupid you make yourself look with your comments. I own a business in PV, not somewhere else in Mexico like you, but in PV. I own property in PV and I have been going there for over 20 years. You think I don't speak spanish and don't ask the price of a taxi before I get in. You were there 6 months ago, I just got back 2 days ago so don't tell me I don't know what the prices are. And where is the river that you said is close to VDP, did they move that too? Bucerias is NOT close to VDP and you are wrong about the cost of a taxi to Nayarit from PV. Sorry "I'm not honey to you" and you don't know me so before you shoot yourself in the foot a few more times maybe you should figure out people might just have more current PV information than you do.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Last year I think we paid 200 pesos to go from the Marina to Bucerias and we did barter...I asked around and was told that is pretty much the best price I could get....I take the bus....

johnie D
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by johnie D » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 pm

I also paid 200 pesos to go to Bucerias from PV,and a taxi was 50 pesos in town.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Sounds about right. Last year in down we paid 40 pesos to get around anywhere in old Vallarta. A little more if we wanted to get to the other part of Vallarta.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 am

The taxi zones are established by the rivers. Marina to downtown costs more than across the Pitillal river in the hotel zone. El Centro is less than across the river on the south side. So while the Krystal and GCP are considered to be the north hotel zone, the taxi rate will be higher than it is from the Holiday Inn and the other resorts in the central hotel zone and south hotel zone.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 am

5-Star Villa Del Palmar Resort. Today Only Sale.
Sure am lucky it was one of those today only sale on Nov 14th... otherwise I would be some pǝssıd off if I had booked and found out the taxi price was wrong, there was no river, and it might not even rate all those stars they gave themselves. Hmmmmmm.

Good thing the Kat's around to keep out the ruff raff. :lol:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Several years ago, RCI downgraded it from "Gold Crown" to "Resort of International Distinction". We stayed there in 2000 and it was very nice, I'm not sure what brought about the RCI downgrade. We gave it a very good review on the RCI website. Oh, and as I recall it was a short walk past the Holiday Inn to the mouth of the river which was a prime bird watching spot.

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:57 am

So kat you finally admitted you have a business in PV, so is a taxi?

You have to barter and I do and those are the prices I paid. Sometimes 200 pesos but more than not 150 to Bucerias. And you know the river that Cafe Roma is on?

Glad to know you also have a vested interest in people not knowing about bad things that do happen in PV.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 am

What is your point Dgremark? Kat has never denied that she has business interests in PV. I am sure she knows the River by Roma. I will never doubt that she knows far more about PV then you do.

As far as not talking about bad things in PV, we all will discuss it, but not make it our only hysterical concern like you do.

I personally have no vested interest in PV at all, other then an investment of 27 years of vacationing there and liking and enjoying it as much now as I did in 1984. As is shown, I live in a resort state and travel 1600 miles each way to get to PV. They must be doing something right.

I guess all the people that agreed with Kat on Taxi rates are just not as tight with a dollar as you are. I always figure if I do not spend time bargaining with Taxi drivers over a 2 or 3 week period there, I might spend $50-60 more then I need to. Worth not having to go from Taxi to Taxi as you appear to do, in order to save $4-5.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:49 am

Gdremark,
The river across from Cafe Roma is the Rio Cuale It is no where near the VDP so what is your point? You said VDP was near the river. The river that is next to Holiday Inn only crosses the beach in the hotel zone and you can't swim in it, it is more like a creek by the time it hits the beach. So your point in your OP of VDP being near the river and Bucerias is still way off.
I have never said I didn't own a business in PV, infact Mogens gave me his blessing years ago to advertise on this site. I prefer not to use someone elses site to promote my business. If someone posts a question or asks for information I give it to them but I don't out and out advertise on here. Anyone who knows me and has posted on this site for longer than a few months know I own a business. Just keep shooting yourself in the foot!!! Your wife must be passing herself off as a local, as there is a different rate for locals on the taxis than there is for tourists. I don't cheap out and play those games when I am in PV.

Are you done trying to prove your point yet? You have failed miserably.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:01 am

Ronald,
I would have been more upset if I booked it and found out it wasn't near Bucerias or the river (which, when you refer to them as being associated to VDP) would have led one to believe they were staying in Nayarit near Bucerias and the Ameca River. VDP Flamingos is in Nuevo but the advertisement was for their Puerto Vallarta property.

It really has nothing to do with keeping the riff raft out as clearly this is the only site he has not been kicked off of so we get the pleasure of his rants about the sites he has been kicked off of and what is posted or not posted on those sites and by whom. :lol:

gdremark
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gdremark » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:37 pm

I said it cost me 40 pesos from Villa Del Palmar to the river or the beach at that location. I also paid 150 pesos from Villa to Bucerias at the center square and normally take the bus back.

And Kat you can't be trusted because you have a vested interest in certain businesses in PV.

Most of you that do own businesses and say you don't are not looking out for the tourists.
It's one thing to recommend and have no vested interest but to say you have no interest when you do and say it's a good place with best prices is not honest!
Or you're like JR and just a leech! imho

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:08 am

Say what? ***-(

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:37 am

Davlin, you have it right. The fingers move on the keyboard for GDremark and he says nothing that makes sense.

I know Kat and yes she is a part owner of a business in PV. I do know her to have the correct information about what is happening in PV. I have many friends over the years that I have made that live there full time and always back her take on what is happening there. The type of thing that the Naysayer keeps spouting off about has done nothing but harm, to the income of all of PV. From the wealthiest Hotel owners, to the hard working people of PV.

I wonder how much GDremark charges to haunt houses?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:34 am

To all new readers of this website.

You will be forced to read the gibberish of gdremark until the owner of this site comes to his senses and bans him from this site, in the same way that he has been booted off every other website involving Puerto Vallarta.

Most of us apologize for his intrusions on your insightful requests and for his intents to provide misleading or alarming information to you.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:38 am

GDremark,
Your opinion means nothing. Amazing how you can pass judgement and make assumptions about people you know nothing about. Why don't you just do us all a favor and take your nonsensical opinions and go away! You give this forum nothing but discredit.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:20 am

Amen to that, I agree wholeheartedly with Kat, go away and take your bs with you.