Hurricane Jova

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan
Hurricane Jova

Post by wyoblu » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:42 am

How are things going with Hurricane Jova approaching? We were there for Hurricane Kena, and could not believe the destruction downtown Puerto Vallarta. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our friends in the Puerto Vallarta area. Stay safe. See you in a few weeks. Maybe we can help, in the clean up this time.

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:05 am

I was hoping to hear news about how the are was doing as well. There hasn't been a lot on TV about the storm and I have been concerned. Hopefully no news means it isn't too bad.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:40 pm

They got some rain, not more than in a usual storm. No damage reported. We took the shade down on the boat (in Kenna the frame was bent so this time we put it down) and took all the cushions off and it turned out there was no wind to speak of at all. Jova was good to PV but not to Manzanillo and some of the mountain villages where it came ashore.

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandi.g » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Thank you Kats! That's good to hear about PV, but sorry to hear Manzanillo didn't fare as well. I appreciate the update!

We will be there in about 3 weeks! Can't wait- it has been 2 years since we were there.