One Wish

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tojol57
One Wish

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:38 am

As i am sitting here listening to Christmas music, calculating depreciation schedules for the fiscal year end, and repeating to myself, i love my job, i love my job...

If you had one wish for this Holiday season (and please try to make it realistic), what would it be?

Mine - With the failing health of my father in law (spinal cord injury 16 months ago), i would wish for him and his wife to learn this is not a set back, it is just a new path to the long life they have had together. And it is the "quality of life" and not the quantity of life that matters today. :cry:

Love hugs and Kisses from Iowa...
and as the Royal Guardsman (from the Snoopy Vs the Red Baron) would say: Those Christmas Bells, Those Christmas Bells, ringing thru the night....

8) Tom

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:48 pm

I wish I will survive my 15 year old daughter...argh! [help]

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:51 pm

you and me both Chuck... you and me both...

:lol: :lol:

8) Tom

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:34 am

Not to worry guys.
They grow up to be lovely ladies .

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:05 am

i wish my 17 year old son would keep his eyes in his head around some of these 15 year old girls (lovely ladies) :shock: ...please just let me make it thru his senior year of high school :)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:11 pm

Looks like we're all sort of in the same boat with those teens. I hope mine finds her mind again, instead of her hormones. W-|

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:37 pm

I would wish everyone good health and the chance to travel - whether it be to PV or somewhere else.

Take care

Tracy
27 sleeps!!

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:38 am

i wish all our teenagers would age a few years, move out, and let all of us stressed parents meet in p.v. for one kick a$$ party........what? i can dream can't i ? :D

canadiandude
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canadiandude » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:12 pm

This may sound corny but I wish peace and happiness to everyone. There is so much violence and negativity in the world today.

mshuckleberrys
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mshuckleberrys » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:24 pm

My dad told me " you don't pay for your raising until you have a family of your own". My husband must have been a dandy. ha

I wish for good health and peace for the world. We all have to much but he most important thing is good health Nora from Missouri

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:50 pm

I ditto the wish for health and peace.

Without your health you can not enjoy anything and without World Peace we will not have many places to go to enjoy anymore.

tojol57

Proud of you All

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:06 am

I want to take a moment to thank you all for posting on this thread... there is just so much stress, so many things that we take for granted and when we lose it, you come to a realization about your life. And like a lot of people have wished for "good health". right now Lorrie and i we do have our health (we are in the 40 something generation), but when her dad lost his "good health" because of his accident, everybody's health has declined with his. the stress of knowing his recovery period is over, where he is at today is where he will be at the rest of his life. Not having him to help with some mending fence jobs, or his skills as an electrition, etc...

So everybody find that "good health" voice inside of you, and make a difference for yourself and your family, as we all need you around for a long time...

8) Tom

canadiandude
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canadiandude » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:48 am

Amen Tom :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:02 pm

thanks Canadiandude....

Happy New Year everybody... <:-)-

May all your dreams and wishes come true in 2006...

Our thoughts and prayers and well wishes to all who pass thru this bulletin board. May your adventures be a memorable one. May your vacation be a relaxing one as well. Peace and Love

8) Tom and Lorrie

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

The world's health too

Post by webmaster » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:47 pm

And I'd like to add a wish for our World's endangered health too.

Let's waste less, drive smaller and less polluting cars, turn off lights, shorter showers, less bathtub baths, drive less, walk more, etc. So much we can do to help a bit and let's hope Mr. Bush sees the "light" and stops financing dissenting "scientists" that "think" there is no such thing as Global Climate Change (Global Warming).

We need to all take responsability for the damage we are doing and try to live in harmony and balance with both nature and our fellow humans.

Greetings

Mogens

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:03 am

rcracing wrote:i wish all our teenagers would age a few years, move out, and let all of us stressed parents meet in p.v. for one kick a$$ party........what? i can dream can't i ? :D
Oh HELL YEAH!!!! I'm there!!!

Only 62 more sleeps till PV!!!

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:26 pm

I got my wish over the holidays.

My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer about a month back. She had to have 1/3 of her lung removed. She already has titanium heart valves so she is on Cumidin (spelling?) to thin her blood. She had to be slowly taken off that drug before surgery or she could have bled to death. Blood clots were than the danger. She went through the surgery just fine.

She came home from the hospital on Christmas day.

My wish was that she would be home for the holidays and be cancer free. The doctor said that they got all of the cancer and that she won't need Chemo or radiation. Amen to that!

Peace to all.
T.

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:23 am

ajstanger
Glad you got your wish. The Best!!
:)

DonnaMark
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: The world's health too

Post by DonnaMark » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:55 pm

mgallard wrote:And I'd like to add a wish for our World's endangered health too.

Let's waste less, drive smaller and less polluting cars, turn off lights, shorter showers, less bathtub baths, drive less, walk more, etc. So much we can do to help a bit and let's hope Mr. Bush sees the "light" and stops financing dissenting "scientists" that "think" there is no such thing as Global Climate Change (Global Warming).

We need to all take responsability for the damage we are doing and try to live in harmony and balance with both nature and our fellow humans.

Greetings

Mogens
Very well put Mogens. Only a couple of years left in that administation. I hope it will change for the better after that...

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:32 pm

:cry: all your comments brings tears to my eyes this morning. sorry that i have been out of touch lately, but i will put a post in the general section later with a complete update of the adventures of Mr and Mrs Crown... Tom and Lorrie...

peace and love to you all..